FA500 vs. BC BR vs. Silver's Neomax

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looking for a set of coilovers and having trouble deciding! I am heavily leaning towards the Fortune Autos since a lot of people praise their dampening and higher quality, but would a set of BC BR or Neomax coilovers with swift springs be better perhaps? (Fortune Auto also has a $100 "quarantine rebate" going on until April 30th).

FA500: dampening/quality is better apparently, BUT rear spring rates is limited to 8k (I originally planned on around 10k-12k in the rear) cost: $1300 -$100 rebate = $1200
- note: main concern about the 8k rear spring is rubbing, spring too soft.
BC BR: way more people seem to have this on the Si, rear spring rates are not limited (as far as I know)
cost: $995 +$350 swift springs = $1345
Silver's Neomax: about $100 more expensive than BC BR, rear spring rates not limited like BC
cost: $1150 + $350 swift springs = $1500

TLDR: FA500 no swift springs vs. BC or Silver's coils with swift springs. dampening + rebate or get the spring rates I want

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not used the other two but do have experience with Silver's Neomax coilovers for the 10th gen and was very happy with them. (I had their standard springs)

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
On silvers now with standard springs. Pretty good, did find them a little too stiff for daily if set. Had settings F/R set in the middle had too soften them a couple of clicks. Wish I got the swift springs.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Shoot email to fortune auto think they would work something out with rear spring kg/mm

OP
OP
rr1443

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Thatguyraw I was told the rear only comes in 8kg due to design and there was no way they could build a set with higher rates... when I asked if I'd have any problems with 10k/8k they said I would 'probably' be fine. not the most reassuring but I've decided to just go for it and if I really have any serious problems I could always switch to BC or Silvers.

note: FA500 for Si can only have front swift spring upgrades, rear is extremely limited

to everyone: thanks for all the replies nonetheless!

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
@Thatguyraw I was told the rear only comes in 8kg due to design and there was no way they could build a set with higher rates... when I asked if I'd have any problems with 10k/8k they said I would 'probably' be fine. not the most reassuring but I've decided to just go for it and if I really have any serious problems I could always switch to BC or Silvers.

note: FA500 for Si can only have front swift spring upgrades, rear is extremely limited

to everyone: thanks for all the replies nonetheless!
You could always upgrade to larger sway bar that might help out, I’m running Whiteline 26mm but RV6 has more adjustments that might fit your needs

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Came across this photo look like they running coilovers type of spring

Honda Civic 10th gen FA500 vs. BC BR vs. Silver's Neomax A0849EFF-C358-40D4-9F39-8CC38EBC641F
Sponsored