F1 Talk Anyone?

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen F1 Talk Anyone? 1606859392519

Romain Grosjean has revealed he will be ā€œmarked for lifeā€ psychologically after his death-defying crash at the Bahrain Grand Prix.

ā€œItā€™s superficial, I have mobility in all of my fingers,ā€ said Grosjean in an exclusive interview with TF1 and LCI.

ā€œI didnā€™t lose consciousness. To get out of the seat, I was able to remove my seatbelt. The steering wheel was no longer there, it probably flew off during the impact.

ā€œI saw my visor all orange, the flames around me, and the accident of Niki Lauda came to mind. I didnā€™t want to end up like that. I had to get out for my children.

ā€œIn the end, my hands were burned and I have a big sprain ā€“ I thought I had broken my foot.

ā€œI was more afraid for my relatives, my children in the first place, but also my father and mother. I was not really afraid for myself.

ā€œI saw death coming and had no other option but to get out of there. Iā€™m happy to be alive.ā€

Grosjean also, as he had in his initial video message on the evening of the crash, paid tribute to the Halo system that had saved him ā€“ albeit he said his young son had a different theory.

ā€œMy little Simon, who is five years old, told me I had a magic power, a magic shield of love that protected me,ā€ said Grosjean, who also referred to Jules Bianchi, his compatriot and the last F1 driver to die as a result of injuries sustained during a race.

ā€œWithout the Halo, I would no longer be here. I think Jules didnā€™t want me up there.

ā€œItā€™s like a rebirth for me. I will be marked for life by this accident.ā€

Honda Civic 10th gen F1 Talk Anyone? 1606873379732

Romain Grosjean 'saw death coming' in burning wreckage (planetf1.com)

Last edited:

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Guenther Steiner has revealed Romain Grosjean is eager to return from his horrific Bahrain Grand Prix crash to end his career with the Haas team in Abu Dhabi.

ā€œThe aim is really Romain would like to do it,ā€ said Steiner, quoted by Autosport.

ā€œI spoke to him yesterday about it. He really wants to be in Abi Dhabi. But I said ā€˜try to get better, we speak on Sunday or Monday, letā€™s see how you feel, if it is doableā€™.

ā€œPietro is here, Romain is here. We just have to see how he feels, so Iā€™m not in a hurry to decide what to do or what is needed. It depends on his health.

ā€œI just spoke with one of his guys because he was with the doctor before. They did something on the burns, I donā€™t know exactly what.ā€

Although Grosjean had originally been intended to leave hospital on Tuesday, it will now be Wednesday ā€“ but Steiner insisted spending an extra night before being discharged did not indicate an unforeseen problem.

ā€œHeā€™s staying another night in the hospital but thereā€™s nothing to be pre-occupied with,ā€ he explained.

ā€œThey just said itā€™s a safer environment, mostly because of the burns. They just said we keep you here another night. But everything is going good.

ā€œThe guy heā€™s got with him told me the doctors are very happy and itā€™s going just as they would have seen it coming, so thereā€™s no setback or anything.ā€

Steiner also gave an insight into what Grosjean recalls of his experience, noting the Frenchman did not realise he had made contact with Daniil Kvyatā€™s AlphaTauri.

ā€œHe remembers how he wanted to get out, or how he got out, he explained that very well to me,ā€ said Steiner.

ā€œWhat he asked me was ā€˜how did I end up there?ā€™ I said ā€˜you ran over Kvyatā€™s car, basically, you turned right and ran over his front wheel, and that turned you around and put you in the wallā€™.

ā€œHe said ā€˜I didnā€™t see the carā€™.
I donā€™t want to put words in his mouth and say he doesnā€™t remember it. I think he didnā€™t realise what he did.

ā€œI wouldnā€™t say he lost any memory of it. I think it went so quick that he cannot remember it.ā€

Asked if Grosjean had watched TV replays, Steiner said: ā€œI donā€™t think he looked a lot at it. Again, I didnā€™t want to go there and specifically ask him. I didnā€™t want to put him in that awkward position to say yes or no.ā€

Romain Grosjean keen to return for Abu Dhabi swansong (planetf1.com)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess it WAS the car all along! Seeing Russell go top of the time in FP1 AND 2 while driving Hammy's car just pisses a lot of people off.

Also, if Grosjean's car didn't have the halo he would have been decapped by that metal guardrail.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well shit. At least Max won by default and Williams got a podium for the first time in forever.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Well shit. At least Max won by default and Williams got a podium for the first time in forever.
Glad Max won and definitely happy to see Russel and Williams finally on the podium. I totally understand the technicalities, but it would been so much better if there was an actual race. Probably impossible with the schedule and travel, but FIA should somehow block out Mondays in case Sundays get rained out like today. I really hope the fans get some money back. Reminds me of when all the Michelin teams backed out of the USGP at Indy. Luckily my Dad and I got a full refund for our tickets that year. Granted, we saw all the laps completed but it was Ferrari vs Jordan vs Minardiā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Is it really that difficult to spell Russell?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean you can watch the interviews after the race and some of the drivers were saying they couldn't even see the rear lights on the car in front of them at 300 feet. That's just insane amounts of water on the track.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good race. Russell to Merc and Bottas to Alfa next season. We'll see what happens with completely new cars next year.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Waiting for Max to pull it off again and McLaren to beat Merc. They were fast af in the Sprint.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I expect Max will get punted by one of the three Mercedes-engined cars in the chicane on lap 1.
Lewis will then win.
You heard it here first.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I expect Max will get punted by one of the three Mercedes-engined cars in the chicane on lap 1.
Lewis will then win.
You heard it here first.
Well, I got 1 out of 3.
Lewis punts Max in the chicane.
Lewis isn't going to win.
Not lap 1.
Sponsored