F1 Talk Anyone?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't have minded seeing both McLaren's up there but Sainz in second was good enough. A lap or 2 more and he would have had the win.
Sponsored

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Italy / Toscana this weekend

Lets see if both Ferrari's can try to not get a DNF this race. Redbull and Mercedes most likely won't allow the same mistakes from last weekend repeat themselves.

Honda Civic 10th gen F1 Talk Anyone? mugello.PNG

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
That was expected especially when RP announced that Checo exercised his contract clause with the company which was more likely a pressure from RP when Vettel said that he was leaving Ferrari. Poor Checo, he was the one that saved the team from bankruptcy and has no where to go at the moment.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the things Sergio said earlier about not leaving and that Vettel wasn't taking his seat = Fail.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I don't get it either, maybe something to do with the economic downturn due to Covid? They pulled out of F1 back in 2009 during the financial crisis. Next thing you know the Brawn GP cars became world champions, so maybe Red Bull will take the title in 2022:hmm:

But seriously, Honda needs to have a long term commitment to F1 if they want to get to Mercedes' level (consistently winning, not just podiums). They are the only team that can take the fight (barely) to Mercedes at the moment. Not to mention, aren't the major rule changes coming in 2022 with respect to maximum budgets allowed? Wouldn't this work in their favor? Mercedes came back in 2010 but didn't become dominant until the turbo V6 era (2014), the last major rule change to occur. This news definitely sucks as a Honda and F1 fan:thumbsdown:

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I don't get it either, maybe something to do with the economic downturn due to Covid? They pulled out of F1 back in 2009 during the financial crisis. Next thing you know the Brawn GP cars became world champions, so maybe Red Bull will take the title in 2022:hmm:

But seriously, Honda needs to have a long term commitment to F1 if they want to get to Mercedes' level (consistently winning, not just podiums). They are the only team that can take the fight (barely) to Mercedes at the moment. Not to mention, aren't the major rule changes coming in 2022 with respect to maximum budgets allowed? Wouldn't this work in their favor? Mercedes came back in 2010 but didn't become dominant until the turbo V6 era (2014), the last major rule change to occur. This news definitely sucks as a Honda and F1 fan:thumbsdown:
It’s like with Mercedes Benz when they pulled out of DTM to shift focus on Formula E to which Audi will be the next one to leave DTM as well

It is a major shock since Verstappen committed long term to Red Bull Racing due to the performance package from Honda and Red Bull. He was very critical with the Renault engine that led them to switch to Honda power and now this happens.

Both RBR and AlphaTauri just signed the concord agreement that binds them to the sport till 2025. Now they’re trying to find who can supply both teams since I am sure they don’t want to go back with Renault anymore but who knows...

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
It’s like with Mercedes Benz when they pulled out of DTM to shift focus on Formula E to which Audi will be the next one to leave DTM as well

It is a major shock since Verstappen committed long term to Red Bull Racing due to the performance package from Honda and Red Bull. He was very critical with the Renault engine that led them to switch to Honda power and now this happens.

Both RBR and AlphaTauri just signed the concord agreement that binds them to the sport till 2025. Now they’re trying to find who can supply both teams since I am sure they don’t want to go back with Renault anymore but who knows...
MB is def not going to give their main rival their engines, so that only leaves Ferrari or Renault. So either RB goes with a known shitbox engine (Ferrari) or swallow their pride and go back to Renault.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
I seriously thought he was dead when he crashed. It’s truly amazing he walked away with only minor burns. I know F1 cars have come a long way in safety, but still.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
I seriously thought he was dead when he crashed. It’s truly amazing he walked away with only minor burns. I know F1 cars have come a long way in safety, but still.
Yeah, leave it to Romain 'the cat' Grosjean to cause his own horrific shunt to test the absolute limits of safety and integrity of the car, race track's infrastructure, and the pilot's ultimate survival and escape from a 53G infernal impact, at his F1 career's 3rd last race.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Yeah, leave it to Romain 'the cat' Grosjean to cause his own horrific shunt to test the absolute limits of safety and integrity of the car, race track's infrastructure, and the pilot's ultimate survival and escape from a 53G infernal impact, at his F1 career's 3rd last race.
Lol guess he wanted to go out with a bang?!??‍♂??‍♂ Seriously though, glad he walked away with only minor burns and no track marshals near by got killed or injured.
Sponsored