F1 Talk Anyone?

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Let’s GOOOOOOO! ???????? Forza Ferrari!

What scrap between LEC and VER! I feel bad for McLaren, though.
This race definitely gives me hope that we will see a very competitive year amongst three teams at the top and not just have races being dominated by MB and RB. Even Haas scored points today. I just want to see good racing over the course of the season amongst all teams and not have every race be either Verstappen or Hamilton like it was last year.
Sponsored

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
100%. Regardless of who you cheer for, I think we can all agree that Michael only made that decision for the ratings. All I wanted at the start of this season was a good title battle, but we ended up getting one mostly because of FiA fucking around.
I don't think. It's just incompetence. I don't think any malice at all

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just glad they got rid of Mazespin because that dude couldn't drive for shit. Only reason he was in there was the payday for Haas.

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm just glad they got rid of Mazespin because that dude couldn't drive for shit. Only reason he was in there was the payday for Haas.
If you watch Drive to Survive that is even more evident. It’s so great seeing Magnusson having success so far considering where Haas has been.

Sugamo2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; Toyota RAV4 XLE Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone going to Montreal Grand Prix? I'm planning to drive up from New York City to make it to quali.

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully they've finally got the porpoising issue under control.
I hope so too. I really want more competitive races where the race is fairly close for the entire race and not just because of a late safety car. I don't really have a preference as to a constructor or driver, just want to be entertained week in and week out. The last few races have had qualifying be more entertaining than the actual race IMO.

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
This is the best season ever in the hybrid era!
Is there a more inspiring driver to watch than Alonso? (maybe)

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is the best season ever in the hybrid era!
Is there a more inspiring driver to watch than Alonso? (maybe)
Nah, at his heart he's still a dirty racer, no matter his crazy high skill level

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully they've finally got the porpoising issue under control.
Who?

At least Mercedes, according to what they're saying themselves, aren't suffering any more porpoising. They fixed it in Barcelona. What they're still suffering from is bottoming out the suspension and bouncing as a result (much like a lowered car scraping on the ground and getting violent jolts as a result).

Those 2 are very different phenomena that end up looking very similar because they rattle the driver up and down.

Porpoising is when you get too much downforce and the car lowers until it suddenly loses downforce (it doesn't bottom out on the ground) from air leaking out the side of the floor. The spring tension forces the car ride height back up since the downforce is now reduced, and the air is able to not leak out the side of the floor. So it's able to gain back that downforce it was losing from being too low and the cycle repeats. It's an aero-suspension phenomenon.

Bottoming out and the resulting bouncing is just when suspension oscillation interferes with a hard unmovable blockage: the ground.

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Perhaps the BEST last 10 laps ever this past weekend!
What a Fucking RACE!

Last edited:

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Perhaps the BEST last 10 laps ever this past weekend!
What an F-ing RACE!
Even before the safety car, it was setting up to come down to the wire between Sainz, LeClerc and Hamilton. It was by far and away the best race of the season and probably of the past few seasons in terms of exciting for the entire field (obviously last year's final race was exciting as the championship came down to the last lap, albeit it sort of manufactured drama).

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I've been a Ferrari fan since Schumacher arrived. Really hoping they finally get their act back together this year, might be their best chance before Mercedes return to form.
Sponsored