ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm just hoping for some competition. I respect MB and LH for what they've done but would just like to see some tighter racing. Even if it is LH and VB.
Sponsored

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Yeah - been a rabid fan since childhood back in the late 1960s after seeing an F1 race on TV when I was in Holland visiting family.
Many highs-and-lows over the years...
Technology must be a part of F1 and the current power units make sense (and yes the cars are faster) but damn I miss those V10's. No sound quite like it on the planet.
Anyway - as I have mentioned before I hate to admit it but F1 has actually gotten boring and hope that the 2021 changes will fix that.
Watching 20 cars slowly navigate Monaco saving their tires isn't racing.
If you aren't already listening to the Beyond The Grid podcasts do it - catch the earlier stuff in the first season.
Some fascinating insights into why the modern tracks suck so much and why 4, 5, 6, 7 titles should be a huge red-flag warning that the system is broken.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
F1 constantly shoots itself in the foot. They cry about budgets yet mandate the most expensive engine formula. If it becomes a wet race unexpectedly they don't allow for down force changes to the rear then you have all the cars flying off the track. A innovation comes up, it's made illegal, money wasted, then years later legal again, wtf. An example of this is the wheel covers to be implemented in 2021. Then you have the elimination of tire warmers in the near future. Safety out the window? And finally the lunatics dreaming up the new regs. I heard they want the next engine formula to be 2 stroke. Suicide, just like the NFL.

Yeah - been a rabid fan since childhood back in the late 1960s after seeing an F1 race on TV when I was in Holland visiting family.
Many highs-and-lows over the years...
Technology must be a part of F1 and the current power units make sense (and yes the cars are faster) but damn I miss those V10's. No sound quite like it on the planet.
Anyway - as I have mentioned before I hate to admit it but F1 has actually gotten boring and hope that the 2021 changes will fix that.
Watching 20 cars slowly navigate Monaco saving their tires isn't racing.
If you aren't already listening to the Beyond The Grid podcasts do it - catch the earlier stuff in the first season.
Some fascinating insights into why the modern tracks suck so much and why 4, 5, 6, 7 titles should be a huge red-flag warning that the system is broken.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Expecting Williams to pull a 2019 as they are one of the last to show the car again. Testing begins this week! Vietnam 3rd race and Dutch GP added this year as well.
Well so far, they're proving you wrong with their car on track 2 days before as opposed to 2 days after testing begins

FW43 to day in Barcelona

Honda Civic 10th gen F1 Talk Anyone? racefansdotnet-20200217-092316-1

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And the second season of the Netflix series F1: Drive to Survive begins on 2/28.

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well so far, they're proving you wrong with their car on track 2 days before as opposed to 2 days after testing begins

FW43 to day in Barcelona

racefansdotnet-20200217-092316-1.jpg
And a fine looking car it is too!
Almost surprising they can find sponsorship money.
[I love Williams don't get me wrong but damn...]

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK
How about this?
Mercedes just sit out the 2020 season?
Give them the driver and constructors championships and prize money now and let them all just sit on the pit wall and watch.
Leave the cars back at the factory.

Now that would make for a good F1 season!
I looks like serious potential for some reshuffling of the pecking order from P3 down to the bottom of the pack.
Imagine how great it would be to see different drivers and different constructors on the podium nearly every race.

OK Mercedes we get it - now go the f*** home and let the rest of the teams and the fans see some action.

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep!
Just finished getting ROKU and F1 TV setup.

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So much for this season.
Yeah - no matter what happens it's going to be a compromised season.
Best case things pick up in June at Azerbaijan and they just drop the earlier stuff from the calendar.
It's not like we are missing anything from Monaco anymore... not very exciting watching cars lap the circuit at low speeds "saving their tires."
If they try to squeeze the other races back into the calendar at a later date I think they are courting trouble?
I was so looking forward to Vietnam and Holland.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess they have been doing a virtual season on F1 2019 just to give people something to watch, even though not all the drivers are participating.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just been watching the old replays they have been posting on Youtube. Hopefully next season will happen.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
My Canadian GP has been postponed :(
Sponsored