• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: California F/S: Harness for OEM LED headlights conversion

spaghettixsauce

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have a set of harnesses for sale. This harness is required when installing OEM LED headlights (Type R, Sport touring, 2020 si) onto a Civic that originally had halogen (all other models, older Si's).

This harness is new, never used. Made by morimoto/the retrofit source.

Asking $80 shipped and paypal'd to cont. 48

Honda Civic 10th gen F/S: Harness for OEM LED headlights conversion IMG_20200325_180806
Sponsored

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I have the same harness.

And I get hyperblink when I installed OEM LED Headlights onto my car (17 Sport hatch).

Did I install something wrong because I was also told that these were all you need to run the LED's on a car that came with halogens originally.

Edit -> I noticed you have a Type R. this might cause hyperblinking because you might need a relay for it to run properly on a car that did not come with LED's from the factory.

OP
OP
spaghettixsauce

spaghettixsauce

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have the same harness.

And I get hyperblink when I installed OEM LED Headlights onto my car (17 Sport hatch).

Did I install something wrong because I was also told that these were all you need to run the LED's on a car that came with halogens originally.

Edit -> I noticed you have a Type R. this might cause hyperblinking because you might need a relay for it to run properly on a car that did not come with LED's from the factory.
Hmm. Trying flipping the plug to the blinker. A buddy bought my oem headlights and used this harness and has no issues.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
can you let me know which on the plug is to the blinker because theres no way to reverse any of these without blowing a fuse.

OP
OP
spaghettixsauce

spaghettixsauce

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Kinda off-topic but do you know where I can get a harness to do it the other way around? oem led to halogen. Is it even possible?
As far as I know, you cannot buy that harness, although it is possible because I've done it myself. I have a bi-xenon retro fit in my Type R that uses a halogen based headlamp. I needed to source all the plugs off a base model civic, (luckily i found a wrecked civic and cut the plugs off), then i just used a test light and tapped them into my existing harness, without cutting the OEM LED plug off. It's not the prettiest, but I can always revert back if needed.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
As far as I know, you cannot buy that harness, although it is possible because I've done it myself. I have a bi-xenon retro fit in my Type R that uses a halogen based headlamp. I needed to source all the plugs off a base model civic, (luckily i found a wrecked civic and cut the plugs off), then i just used a test light and tapped them into my existing harness, without cutting the OEM LED plug off. It's not the prettiest, but I can always revert back if needed.
I thought about trying to find a base model civic at a junk yard and doing that. Was it a difficult task or fairly simple and straight forward?

OP
OP
spaghettixsauce

spaghettixsauce

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I thought about trying to find a base model civic at a junk yard and doing that. Was it a difficult task or fairly simple and straight forward?
If you know how to use a test light, and are not completely new to wiring, it's simple.

tfc_eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R, 2018 Civic Si ?SOLD?
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same harness.

Sounds like you need a resistor for your lights. These will not do it for you. Check below for the appropriate harness you need.

Kinda off-topic but do you know where I can get a harness to do it the other way around? oem led to halogen. Is it even possible?
It's possible but what kind of lights do you have on now? And do you have a canadian model or something?

Send me a picture of your setup and I'll be able to tell you.

Here is the adapter harness like OP is selling but with a resistor and also wayyyy cheaper. You typically find these harnesses included with aftermarket touring lights like depo but they all work the same way. Very easy wiring harness to make.
plug and play.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Halogen-Ty...-18/202945229347?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

OP you are charging too much

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Sounds like you need a resistor for your lights. These will not do it for you. Check below for the appropriate harness you need.

It's possible but what kind of lights do you have on now? And do you have a canadian model or something?

Send me a picture of your setup and I'll be able to tell you.

Here is the adapter harness like OP is selling but with a resistor and also wayyyy cheaper. You typically find these harnesses included with aftermarket touring lights like depo but they all work the same way. Very easy wiring harness to make.
plug and play.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Halogen-Ty...-18/202945229347?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

OP you are charging too much
I have OEM LED headlights that came from the factory. It’s for a Sedan Touring. I’m looking to get aftermarket headlights but most, if not all only support vehicles with OEM halogen setups. I was looking to go backwards, LED to HALOGEN so I can get an aftermarket setup. It’s the US model.

tfc_eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R, 2018 Civic Si ?SOLD?
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have OEM LED headlights that came from the factory. It’s for a Sedan Touring. I’m looking to get aftermarket headlights but most, if not all only support vehicles with OEM halogen setups. I was looking to go backwards, LED to HALOGEN so I can get an aftermarket setup. It’s the US model.
Take a picture of your current harness. Go on the driver side as it's easier to access.
Willing to bet you won't need much.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most aftermarket led headlights or equivalent is LED friendly to begin with so that stock halogen owners only need the conversion harness to plug in.
Sponsored