Extremely loud subwoofer rattle?

cxb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 2D EXL
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic 2D EXL and all of the sudden my subwoofer rattles extremely loud to the point where it startles me and is very loud. I would think that maybe it is blown out but even at very low volumes it rattles super loud as if something is wrong. I have no experience with blown out speakers or with any electrical on the car so any advice would help. Honda dealership says it’s probably blown out but ant to charge me to diagnose and then it would be a few hundred to replace... just want to check before doing so. I don’t even play music at loud volumes for it to blow out. Thanks!
Sponsored

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Its not the subwoofer itself but the rear shelf vibrating against the rear glass. My 2017 Touring has the same issue and I have no idea how to get it fixed.

OP
OP

cxb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 2D EXL
Country flag
Its not the subwoofer itself but the rear shelf vibrating against the rear glass. My 2017 Touring has the same issue and I have no idea how to get it fixed.
No this is definitely something to do with the sub (I think) because the sound/rattle is so loud even with low volume. I know nothing about cars but it’s almost like it could be bad wiring or something that’s causing it to function differently. There’s no reason for it to sound the way it does.

I’ve also experienced the rattling you’re talking about and the dealership told me it is common. I had the back replaced under warranty a few years back and that fixed it. Every so often it does act up though

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
No this is definitely something to do with the sub (I think) because the sound/rattle is so loud even with low volume. I know nothing about cars but it’s almost like it could be bad wiring or something that’s causing it to function differently. There’s no reason for it to sound the way it does.

I’ve also experienced the rattling you’re talking about and the dealership told me it is common. I had the back replaced under warranty a few years back and that fixed it. Every so often it does act up though
Ok thats good that this issue is not it. Like you mentioned, if you are getting the rattle sound at really low sound it most probably is the woofer/speaker. Good luck getting it resolved.

Dirtychonies

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Its deffinitely the rear deck and subwoofer. I took my Si to a shop that specializes in audio. They sound proofed the rear deck and rattle went away.

I also had them install a 12 inch kicker under the passenger seat. Car sounds great.
Sponsored