latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is the reason why SteveGG bought an LX
Civic, all models, are not recommended on all consumer mags.
I read them one year after my wife bought the Civic.

No issue with the car, we like it.

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Civic, all models, are not recommended on all consumer mags.
I read them one year after my wife bought the Civic.

No issue with the car, we like it.
This is drastically different from the websites and magazines from where I am. The Civic has been chosen as the top car of its class and even top car of all classes by many.

Edit: And I just noticed we are both in Quebec. We must have read opposite publications.

Last edited:

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I read that in many American Consumer mags sold in Quebec.
They all write car may be not reliable about electronics.

I wish they are wrong.

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Keep in mind that all of these pieces were put in and can just as easily come out...
Put in by people who do it all day, every day, using all manner of special tooling and mechanical assists, and using lots of hardware that is really only designed for quick and easy assembly and not really designed to ever come back out. I couldn't count the number of times I've gotten a car back from warranty work with missing or broken trim clips.

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Put in by people who do it all day, every day, using all manner of special tooling and mechanical assists, and using lots of hardware that is really only designed for quick and easy assembly and not really designed to ever come back out. I couldn't count the number of times I've gotten a car back from warranty work with missing or broken trim clips.
I think the Honda pop up loc-rivet is very clever...can take off and put on one handed yet very snug.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
No I mean what fixed the OP's problem of the lights not working?

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Because they are more sophisticated. While I try to not be biased I've noticed the trend myself.
right. I have the stripper LX mt 2.0 and the cars been perfect. Best car I ever had. No CVT, no turbo, no infotainment system. 20K OTD. And it doesn't have the engine temp issues I've been reading about on other threads. It's below zero where I live and the engine warms up in about ten minutes of driving and stays warm, doesn't get cold again at the stoplight like the turbos do. I'd hate that. I love the N.A. 2.0, I think it may be the best four-banger on the road. And coupled with the 6mt the performance is pretty good. Engine sound is excellent, not noisy and cheap sounding like some 4cyls I've driven in the past. Last summer I used to go joyriding all the time. I hate winter.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
right. I have the stripper LX mt 2.0 and the cars been perfect. Best car I ever had. No CVT, no turbo, no infotainment system. 20K OTD. And it doesn't have the engine temp issues I've been reading about on other threads. It's below zero where I live and the engine warms up in about ten minutes of driving and stays warm, doesn't get cold again at the stoplight like the turbos do. I'd hate that. I love the N.A. 2.0, I think it may be the best four-banger on the road. And coupled with the 6mt the performance is pretty good. Engine sound is excellent, not noisy and cheap sounding like some 4cyls I've driven in the past. Last summer I used to go joyriding all the time. I hate winter.
Same here MSM sedan 14k now. loving it!

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ummm it's not just turbo's that do that, my 2010 TSX does the exact same thing as my turbo Civic does, when I stop at a light before being completely warmed up, if the heat is on high, it will pull so much heat off the engine, that the car will idle back up like it's just been started again. Did it since the day it was new. It's got a 2.4 and it's a manual.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Touring trim has all the tech; therefore, there's potentially more things that could go wrong.
Touring trim is also the priciest of regular Civics, so people have higher expectations.
Lastly, happy owners don't necessarily gloat about how their Civic Touring is 100% functional.
Sponsored