Extremely disappointed in the Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
My 2017 is barely two weeks old and had just 300 miles on it when I got my first malfunction. Electrical problem at its finest. My twilights went dead. No brake lights, no main taillights, no blinkers.

I told the dealer this was my first ever Honda and this kInd of problem occurs. I’ve owned Kia’s, fords, Chevys, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and nine of them ever had issues this early in. Especially something so minor as lights going out.

I guess they felt bad that hey gave me a free rental for a week. They’ll be tearing it apart. Seats, carpets, the whole works. THis new civic won’t be the same aftwerwards when it’s all torn up like that. I hate it. In the back of my mind, I’m thinking it’s going to be a piece of crap car when I know it’s still new. I shouldn’t think this way but jut can’t help how second hand it will be when such a nice looking new car gets all gutted. Hope they at least put it back together right without breaking anything. Watch it be all crooked somewhere.
Sponsored

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Country flag
It is kind of disturbing to see how many electrical issues this gen of civic is experiencing. Although this forum is just a small segment of civic buyers, I wonder how widespread the issue is.

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe they won't have to 'tear the car apart'... it might be an easy fix... hope so. But yeah, having an issue with a brand new car is a bummer.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think you'll be fine. I doubt they will 'tear the car apart'. They will probably troubleshoot using some pre-determined process. Why would the seats, carpets have anything to do with it?

If you’re really concerned, don’t just sit around wondering what’s going on for the whole week. Go speak with the service manager to find out exactly what they are doing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for the EX-L because of some of issues I heard about things like the rain sensing wipers, subwoofers rattling and electronics on the Touring (mostly on the 2016's). But, I'm certain Honda will make good on everything and the OP's car will be fixed properly. Best of luck with the car moving forward.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
They’ll be tearing it apart. Seats, carpets, the whole works. THis new civic won’t be the same aftwerwards when it’s all torn up like that. I hate it.
Keep in mind that all of these pieces were put in and can just as easily come out...

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
All the wiring for the rear lights run down the driver's side, underneath the plastic sill guards at the doors.

You don't have to rip out carpet or tear the car down. I think you're exaggerating.

Your problem, anyhow, is most likely in the in the light switch or BCM. There is no single wire that controls all of those lights.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
All the wiring for the rear lights run down the driver's side, underneath the plastic sill guards at the doors.

You don't have to rip out carpet or tear the car down. I think you're exaggerating.

Your problem, anyhow, is most likely in the in the light switch or BCM. There is no single wire that controls all of those lights.
Or a fuse.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I'm sorry for you.
Tell yourself that the repair will not be as bad as you think and that everything will end well
Sponsored