Extreme electrical issues!? PCM bad.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I own a 2016 civic ex t 38k on her. these issues may be unrelated but they are making me consider a very early trade in. On one occasion the cars ecu lost communication with the drive train and engine. Did not run any different not even for a split second possibly a fluke. Today it’s raining pretty hard here in Oklahoma. I went out to make sure my windows were up. They were. I come back an hour later every window is all the way down including the wide open sun roof. These can’t be normal problems. I installed a prl intercooler and charge pipes and have a hondata flashpro that I’m now scared to use. Has anyone had any relevant electrical demons? Thinking I got a lemon
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
As far as the windows and moon roof being open, you probably just sat on your key fob.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I own a 2016 civic ex t 38k on her. these issues may be unrelated but they are making me consider a very early trade in. On one occasion the cars ecu lost communication with the drive train and engine. Did not run any different not even for a split second possibly a fluke. Today it’s raining pretty hard here in Oklahoma. I went out to make sure my windows were up. They were. I come back an hour later every window is all the way down including the wide open sun roof. These can’t be normal problems. I installed a prl intercooler and charge pipes and have a hondata flashpro that I’m now scared to use. Has anyone had any relevant electrical demons? Thinking I got a lemon
UPDATE...After a few dealer visits they concluded my pcm is bad Honda replaces that and they also replaced the transmission equivalent to a pcm. Going to pick it up now.

AyePekkz

First Name
Charles Meyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan
Country flag
UPDATE...After a few dealer visits they concluded my pcm is bad Honda replaces that and they also replaced the transmission equivalent to a pcm. Going to pick it up now.
Sorry to revive the dead thread but how did they go about finding this.
I am having similar electrical issues and I think it might be pcm or ecu.
Took it to the dealer and they say they THINK its my tranny but I'm not paying 6k out of pocket for a new one on a gamble.
Also like the guy above me was this under warranty or out of pocket.
Thanks!

1SlowCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Sorry to revive the dead thread but how did they go about finding this.
I am having similar electrical issues and I think it might be pcm or ecu.
Took it to the dealer and they say they THINK its my tranny but I'm not paying 6k out of pocket for a new one on a gamble.
Also like the guy above me was this under warranty or out of pocket.
Thanks!
Long time coming but I replaced the alternator, tensioner, serpentine belt, battery sensor, and battery when my car died (off after fueling, wouldn't start back up). Didn't fix the issue. Bought a Honda specific OBD tool and all the electricals related to the powertrain are read as faulty with permanent codes. I'm in the same boat and going with replacing PCM + programming before ECU. No way does it look related to transmission.

1SlowCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Oh, man. That sucks. How does a PCM cost? Did you get used or new one?
Around $300+ on Google (2 Honda sites) for a new one and about $100 to get it done locally (I don't have software to program). Like the other post mentioned on repair being covered, there's a service bulletin out there 17-012 or MC10116731-9999 that mentions these same issues. I may be premature in my assumptions on non-transmission related. I'm going to call service to see if I can get this fixed free first without hassle, otherwise, I'll just pay and not deal with the runaround.
Sponsored