Extended wheel studs

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
To those of you who installed extended wheel studs, did you manage to change the fronts without removing the hubs?

I was able to change the rears easily by loosening the disc shield and rotating it to a position in which the studs can be easily changed, but I have not yet attempted the fronts as I am not sure if it's possible to DIY on the car?
Sponsored

Ghettofk8

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fk8 type r and silvia s15
Country flag
To those of you who installed extended wheel studs, did you manage to change the fronts without removing the hubs?

I was able to change the rears easily by loosening the disc shield and rotating it to a position in which the studs can be easily changed, but I have not yet attempted the fronts as I am not sure if it's possible to DIY on the car?

were you able to do the fronts without taking the hubs off?

any updates on that or photos??

thanks!

OP
OP

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
were you able to do the fronts without taking the hubs off?

any updates on that or photos??

thanks!
Yes, it can be done without removing the hubs. I do not have pictures, but all that needs to be done is to disconnect the lower ball joint from the knuckle (look up how to install adjustable ball joints for reference).

Ghettofk8

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, it can be done without removing the hubs. I do not have pictures, but all that needs to be done is to disconnect the lower ball joint from the knuckle (look up how to install adjustable ball joints for reference).
thanks, ill do a DIY for anyone else that's wanting to do that. ill be getting my extended studs soon

so just the ball joints and hammer the studs out??

OP
OP

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
thanks, ill do a DIY for anyone else that's wanting to do that. ill be getting my extended studs soon

so just the ball joints and hammer the studs out??
In essence - yes. You do however also have to remove the caliper, rotor and unbolt the rock guard, because the rockguard needs to be rotated in order to remove and install the studs.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
I'm glad I don't have to remove the wheel bearing to add extended studs lol! I have been questioning this for a while now but i'm glad to know the answer now

Ghettofk8

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I
I'm glad I don't have to remove the wheel bearing to add extended studs lol! I have been questioning this for a while now but i'm glad to know the answer now
If you get around to doing it deffinitley post up some photos will go a long way :) I'm keen to do it by myself other wise its another 500 ish to get it done by someone else
Sponsored