Extended warranty for 2016-2018 Turbo/drivetrain due to oil dillution?

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Canadians already have the warranty extended, so it's no news for Northern neighbors.
Sponsored

max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex 1.5t cvt
Country flag
I just saw the articles this afternoon and I can't at all say that I am impressed. I am fortunate to have a 2.0NA
humm let me see a 2.0NA / a new replacement with a 3yr 36k mile warranty or 6yr unlimited miles. as for me i drive alot so i will go with the unlimited miles please. i can easily put about 200k miles within 6 years. i'll take that any day of the week and twice on sunday

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
humm let me see a 2.0NA / a new replacement with a 3yr 36k mile warranty or 6yr unlimited miles. as for me i drive alot so i will go with the unlimited miles please. i can easily put about 200k miles within 6 years. i'll take that any day of the week and twice on sunday
Hey look, if it works for you then great. I, however, own my cars for no less than 10 years a piece on average. So the 6 years, if I had a 1.5T, would be half way to useless of a gesture for me.

The reality is that this is just another one of those derpy big mistakes that Honda makes. The previous big one being the disaster that was their Hondamatic in the early 2000s in the Civics and especially Accords and Odysseys.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I drive about 100 miles daily Monday through Friday. I bought the civic because it is good on gas and fun to drive. Resale value is not a concern when you put a lot of miles on a car. I have been doing 8k+ oil changes and per Blackstone analysis I could be pushing to 10k. The TSP Stg1 map really wakes the car up and yet I am still averaging 40mpg through entire tanks of fuel.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
So is this still just a cold weather state thing, or all civic 1.5t in the states get the extended warranty?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I wish I was in the market for a used 10th gen Civic, I'd buy one from the people on this board crying about theirs for just pennies on the dollar lol

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I wish I was in the market for a used 10th gen Civic, I'd buy one from the people on this board crying about theirs for just pennies on the dollar lol
...from my cold dead hands

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
...from my cold dead hands
I might not get yours but there are people on here that seem hellbent on getting rid of theirs.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The resale value has already taken the hit. Unless you believe your poor driving habits will cause you to experience an issue, why get all ruffled?

Seriously, just go on a longer drive every once in a while, it's good for your soul anyway.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Th engine on those cars who do high daily mileages has time to get to the right temperature to burn the excess gas. So it's not really a problem if you do your regulat oil changes.
After 3 years on the market, I still have not heard, here in Alliston, a Honda Plant City where there a tons of Civic / CRV / Accord vehicles (in town or among the 1000s of Honda Group employees and suppliers) of any engine failures, at any mileage (except for a few highly modified ones). I am following the issue closely.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is this still just a cold weather state thing, or all civic 1.5t in the states get the extended warranty?
They started the Service Bulletin with cold weather States and Canada, and will most likely extend it to the rest once parts will be available (as in some cars, they exchange the HVAC control module, a 5-10 minute procedure as it's easily accessible)

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
They started the Service Bulletin with cold weather States and Canada, and will most likely extend it to the rest once parts will be available (as in some cars, they exchange the HVAC control module, a 5-10 minute procedure as it's easily accessible)
Just some curiosity & probably rhetorical questions.

Some cars get the module replaced & others just get it re-programmed along with updating the PGM & TCU software. Does that mean maybe newer cars already have a different module? Would that imply Honda knew about the issue for quite some time?

If the car already had a newer module because of the oil dilution problem then why wasn't it already correctly programmed to begin with?

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
I am fortunate to have a 2.0NA but this is not at all good for resale or for the future as this is a major chink in the armor of the invincible Honda engines. .
”lol, your mom’s a chink?” ~ Frank M. Devaroux III, Poughkeepsie Chess and Checkers Times Quarterly, Summer Edition, 1963.

Honda Civic 10th gen Extended warranty for 2016-2018 Turbo/drivetrain due to oil dillution? 84411BCA-C387-4E43-BC1F-8A7318B2DE35
Sponsored