Extended warranty Canada?

Spinney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda 6GT 2015 Hyundai Elantra
Has anyone in Canada managed to get a deal on extended warranty?

What's the general consensus? Is it going to be worth the money for this Civic? I'm sold on the Civic Touring, however, I'm nervous about the CVT, and the infotainment system reliability over the long term. I plan on keeping my new car for 7 years, and as anyone from Canada will attest...our climate is really rough on cars.
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I bought my first extended warranty ever for a Japanese vehicle and it was for this Honda Civic. I did get a few hundred bucks off the extended warranty upon purchase and noticed that the pricing went up shortly after I bought it.

The CVT worries me less than the turbo and direct injection. I own a 2011 Ford F150 EcoBoost with turbo and direct injection so I'm aware of the inherent issues. So far so good with the Ford but I made sure I had the extended warranty on it just in case.

OP
OP

Spinney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda 6GT 2015 Hyundai Elantra
I bought my first extended warranty ever for a Japanese vehicle and it was for this Honda Civic. I did get a few hundred bucks off the extended warranty upon purchase and noticed that the pricing went up shortly after I bought it.

The CVT worries me less than the turbo and direct injection. I own a 2011 Ford F150 EcoBoost with turbo and direct injection so I'm aware of the inherent issues. So far so good with the Ford but I made sure I had the extended warranty on it just in case.
I'm almost certain that Honda has put out a reliable product as usual...but I've been involved with an American made Mazda 6GT that has left a sour taste in my mouth.
Sponsored