Exposed Intercooler

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Ever since I saw the new Civic had a FMIC(Front Mount Intercooler), I have wanted to open the bottom grill up to show it off a bit more. I am even considering going with a black Mishimoto intercooler to go with my all black color scheme. I saw this picture online, and I see his bottom grill is opened up and looks almost like an aftermarket intercooler as well. Has anyone seen how this was done? Maybe just cut the grill open? Or maybe this is an aftermarket setup. If anyone has ideas, let me know. And before I hear "You are more likely to damage your intercooler", I know that is a possibility. I had a fully exposed FMIC on my STI and on a Galant VR4 and I am completely aware of the risks haha.
Honda Civic 10th gen Exposed Intercooler civic
Sponsored

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Ever since I saw the new Civic had a FMIC(Front Mount Intercooler), I have wanted to open the bottom grill up to show it off a bit more. I am even considering going with a black Mishimoto intercooler to go with my all black color scheme. I saw this picture online, and I see his bottom grill is opened up and looks almost like an aftermarket intercooler as well. Has anyone seen how this was done? Maybe just cut the grill open? Or maybe this is an aftermarket setup. If anyone has ideas, let me know. And before I hear "You are more likely to damage your intercooler", I know that is a possibility. I had a fully exposed FMIC on my STI and on a Galant VR4 and I am completely aware of the risks haha.
civic.jpg
This looks great imo

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it looks like its been cut out. you can see the holes left behind where the grille meets the bumper

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
it looks like its been cut out. you can see the holes left behind where the grille meets the bumper
I think so as well. But if that is the case, I wouldn't want to do it. I think the bottom grill kind of supports the bottom lip from flexing downward during higher speeds. I would have to make a fix for that.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think so as well. But if that is the case, I wouldn't want to do it. I think the bottom grill kind of supports the bottom lip from flexing downward during higher speeds. I would have to make a fix for that.
it looks like they thought of that also, you can see a additional black gloss panel over the bottom lip. it looks like it helps support the lower half, and also looks like it helps channels air into the intercooler.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Not feeling any of this but to each his own I guess.............