Experiences With Drop In Filters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking to get a k&n drop in filter. I heard good things about sound improvement. Does anyone have a drop in, if so how is it? Does it mess with af ratios etc?
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I’ve got the aem dry flow drop in as my only mod aside from the TIP being wrapped in gold reflective tape. Can’t imagine it doing much to the air trims. Didn’t go with K&N because i didn’t want oiled. Definitely more audible over the stock unit. Did a friendly run with another CTR that has the PRL HVI and catback and he could not pull away from me. He was untuned.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I had a pipercross foam panel until last week. Took it out to clean it and found paint off the metal grid on the clean side was peeling off.... not good.

Swapped it for a k&n and i think throttle response is better....or could be in my head of course

Sound is better than stock but don't expect to hear it over the radio or anywhere eventuri levels etc. Defo a worthwhile 'mod' though

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've run a K&N for two years with no problems. It definitely sounds better than stock.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Had my PRL drop in since new with no issues. Nor have I ever had an issue with any oiled filter in the past.... ever ....

Sound improvement is minor but there and naturally you aren't going to feel the possible 2-3 HP gain. But for the price of a restaurant meal it's a nice easy mod.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I tested the pipercross and the green filter. Between those I also ran the mishimoto intake. The green filter is as loud as the mishimoto intake.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Anyone order the newly released Sprint drop in. Non oiled and only takes compressed air to clean.
https://www.sprintfilter.net/automotive/products/honda/type-r/19294
That looks pretty cool.

I copped a Afe dry panel filter last yr myself. Does sound better than stock. With windows down you hear a lot. Can't imagine it with a PRL HVI would sound crazy. I've ran panel filter on all my cars in the past, bugeye, wrx, evo x, Focus RS combo of oiled n dried never had any issues on any of them. I feel its really safe in terms of mods.
Sponsored