Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
heh yes. Not saying this lift is for every situation...but for all of the work I’ve performed on my car and saved on labor costs, along the convenience... It has paid itself off (for me at least).

So a $2k lift needs a drill to raise the car? Are you kidding me?
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
heh yes. Not saying this lift is for every situation...but for all of the work I’ve performed on my car and saved on labor costs, along the convenience... It has paid itself off (for me at least).
I just find it disapointing that it doesn't have any sort of motor included at that price. The quickjack 5000 that costs less comes with a hydraulic pump.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently picked one of these up, in anticipation for when I switch to coilovers and lose clearance if the car drops (1) inch and the EZ lift will no longer slide under the car.

https://www.ezcarlift.com/accessories/GCK/groundclearancekit.php

Haven’t tried it out yet, but looks like it will do the trick. Not looking forward to losing the convenience of just sliding the lift under without these ramps.

Thanks @Topsportsman916 for the heads up...with exhaust replaced, can totally see why pucks would be absolutely needed. For those ZL1s, how did you get them on the pinch welds? Did you drive on ramps or blocks? I barely got pucks under mine.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
So a $2k lift needs a drill to raise the car? Are you kidding me?
That’s why I’ve got my eye on the set at Costco. $1300 and pneumatic

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
Thanks @Topsportsman916 for the heads up...with exhaust replaced, can totally see why pucks would be absolutely needed. For those ZL1s, how did you get them on the pinch welds? Did you drive on ramps or blocks? I barely got pucks under mine.
I put them on the pinch welds after I slide the lift under the car.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I recently picked one of these up, in anticipation for when I switch to coilovers and lose clearance if the car drops (1) inch and the EZ lift will no longer slide under the car.

https://www.ezcarlift.com/accessories/GCK/groundclearancekit.php

Haven’t tried it out yet, but looks like it will do the trick. Not looking forward to losing the convenience of just sliding the lift under without these ramps.
you know some 2x4 would have worked without having to spend on those fancy ramps ?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We tried that when that track guy came over to fix his leaking C&R radiator with his lowered CTR and 2x4’s were a total pain in the rear, ?

I went fancy immediately after that experience ?

In hindsight, suppose l could have tried transitioning to the 2x4s if I had some wooden wedges, heh.

you know some 2x4 would have worked without having to spend on those fancy ramps ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the EZ Car Lift FAF137C4-877E-422A-A1A0-9C1F9D5209FC

I brush this on the threads. I’ll ask my buddy at work which other greases he recommends.

For the gearbox I’ve been using the gear oil that was supplied with the lift.

One of the gearboxes developed a slow leak so sent them for service.

During disassembly found many bolts bent. Asked Boytcho about it and he explained this was due to me not maintaining a minimum of 1” clearance between the lift and pinch points.

Full details here

hey @fatherpain have you picked up grease and oil to lubricate ur lift? if so, what grease n oil did u get?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
....Full details here
Hey, Thanks for the info, very useful. He did mention about the clearance numerous times when we spoke on the phone. I take that as a clearance from the lift, but not from the buck. If so, i don't have enough as well. So, are the bent bolts the cause for oil leak? And did you notice anything else such as crunching noise and non-smoothness as symptoms when you were using the lift??

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the EZ Car Lift 74DE07DD-93F5-4300-822B-A0A24412E215

Boytcho said the 1” clearance is measured from the top of the hockey puck to the bottom of the pinch weld.

He suggests driving the wheels onto 1” plywood to get to the proper starting height.

Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the EZ Car Lift 383A6638-2C24-4D04-9284-55226E75D3B0
Here is the worst of the bent bolts i found. Going to replace with stronger B7 grade bolts.

There weren’t any indications of improper operation so was surprised to have found anything.

That being the case, have operated the lift probably 100 times or so. ?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes the pucks take a serious beating from the pinch welds and are easily replaced. Can source pucks cheap on Amazon.

Is the point of the pucks to keep the lift pads cleaner and getting less scuffed?