Experience with the EZ Car Lift

navindralr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI MK7, S2000, Civic LX, MB GLC63AMG
Country flag
I do have a question. Can you give me back some of the money I spend due to your great review lmao?

:beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heheh, I wish, however I don’t have that kind of bankroll...besides I’ve still gotta save up for more mods and start hitting the track ;)

If you have time, please check out the online journal link in my signature. Many of the maintenance items and mods I’ve done on were only possible because of the good old EZ Carlift (or other lift system).

I do have a question. Can you give me back some of the money I spend due to your great review lmao?

:beer:

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
nice! Just ordered one recently. Not much info on this lift when you search the internet but this thread helped and convinced me. It was either this, the quick jack or the max jax. This ended up being the best for my situation. Should be delivered tomorrow. Pretty excited. Need to put in an o2 spacer to pass inspection lol.
You are going to love your EZ Lift !!! Best money that I have spent on my CTR. Putting the AWE exhaust on was so easy with the EZ lift. It would have sucked using jack stands. I leave my car on it when I'm not driving it. Just like my old race car, I leave it jacked up with the wheels off the ground to keep the suspension from being loaded. I hate to tell you this but your EZ lift purchase is going to make you spend lots of money doing more mods !!! Enjoy !!!

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s a really smart idea to keep the car raised Chris. There’s a decent chance my car becomes a garage queen or weekend driver so this will also help the tires from developing flat spots as well ;)

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Experience with the EZ Car Lift E33342DB-D587-49E5-9F97-3AE79DC25A9D
The only drawback with the EZ Carlift is if it were to be used in a carport or (1) car garage.

I’ve got a (3+) car garage but it’s jam packed with old arcade games. I’ve pushed them aside to make room for the car and the result is a workspace similar to a (1) car garage.

Under that scenario, isn’t space to position the EZ Carlift along the side.

Tried assembling it under the car, but that was a no-go.

Moved the game on the left side out, put the EZ Carlift together in its place, slid it under, then moved the game back. Was fortunate to have that option.

I normally use the lift outside where there is plenty of room on either side... but for longer projects and inclement weather, the garage became an attractive place to stage the car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
These magnetic rubber pads that stick to the pinch welds look interesting and might make things easier, dunno.

They look nice but are pretty pricey, even with a 20% discount.

https://zl1addons.com/products/civic-17-19-type-r-premium-3-jack-magpad

E1C756E5-DF84-482E-A7FF-D6DDB2FB2926.png
I looked at buying a set of these for use on my 2-post lift, because the lift arms just barely contact the sideskirts otherwise. Instead I picked up a cheaper option from amazon, and then later (after the return date) when I finally went to use them realized they aren't wide enough for the pinch weld, DOH! So anyways, I've just been using small blocks of wood, but would like to find a more permanent solution. What are those rubber pads you're using and how are they holding up? I may pick up something like that to use instead.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The rubber pucks that come with the EZ Carlift are holding up great. No need to purchase other brands imo :)

The magnetic would be nice, but not required so long as you verify all pucks are underneath the pinch points before the car is raised

Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Just got my car out of winter storage yesterday and had all tires rotated plus brake inspection done easily with the lift inside my garage!!

This is my third year ownership - wonderful product and money well spent!!

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
@fatherpain thanks for the thorough write up! Waiting for my tax money and finish my other project to clear up garage space and I'll be getting one of these. I feel it's the best for my needs. I've been looking at this particular one long before your post. Like some have said, there's not much out there as far as thorough reviews go. The ones who have it, ALL have enjoyed it. The ones who don't likes to critique it when the same type of criticism can be said for QuickJack or any other lift. Just look up lift failures online. :dunno:
Sponsored