Expected Power Numbers From Race Gas?

E404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' SGP FK8
Country flag
Hey guys, just found out that a nearby gas station is now offering 100 oct on pump for $7.99 gal. Wanted to know what I should expect when I comes to power numbers from a custom tune if anyone here as experience with that.

What mods did/do you have and the numbers you got.
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I dont have experience with race gas specifically, only E85. I wouldnt be surprised to see another gain of 20~~Hp or so on 100 octane though.

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
$7.99 is a smoking deal right now for 100 octane! $9.99 or more around here!

I've run it on stock tune at the track on hot days just so I didn't have to leave to fill up and as extra knock insurance.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, just found out that a nearby gas station is now offering 100 oct on pump for $7.99 gal. Wanted to know what I should expect when I comes to power numbers from a custom tune if anyone here as experience with that.

uh what, where are you located? Says 118, as in the san fernando valley 118 freeway? send info lol

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

There was a video that surfaced about one of the plant workers saying that the FK8 motor will adjust timing for up to 100 octane (RON) which is approximately 96 octane (AKI) in the US. I'm not sure how big the numbers are, but fuel was the explanation regarding the power differences between the US and UK models (306 HP vs 316HP) since the US's standard premium fuel was 95 RON/91 AKI while the UK had 100 RON/96 AKI available. You might get that 10 HP gain from the 100 octane fuel, though it could be less if you're already running something like 97 RON/93 AKI.

Also note that I'm unsure if that 100 octane is 100 RON or 100 AKI. If it's 100 AKI, you could get additional power by tuning for that fuel as the FK8 isn't tuned for 105 RON/100 AKI stock.

A final note is that this assumes what that factory worker said is true, that the FK8 will adjust tune for up to 100 RON. I'm still uncertain whether the US models will do this or if it's only the EU/JP models that do. In the event that the US models do not, then you won't see any gains without a tune (even if going to 97 RON/93 AKI).

Note that I used this table to roughly calculate octane equivalencies.