Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I've been doing some research on exhuast setups. One thing I came across was difference between dual and single exhausts. And what a true duel exhaust is.

So the ? Is.. would going to a single exhaust on the 1.5T be better for performance? Or in other words, getting rid of the Y pipe, to relieve back pressure.
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
From a purely performance standpoint, a single exit is better, since there is no drop in exhaust gas velocity like there would be with the y. However, if you are concerned with aesthetics, or you want to run dual mufflers for less noise, I don't think you would lose much. Using mandrel bent, larger diameter piping, and free-flowing mufflers/resonators is more important IMO.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been doing some research on exhuast setups. One thing I came across was difference between dual and single exhausts. And what a true duel exhaust is.

So the ? Is.. would going to a single exhaust on the 1.5T be better for performance? Or in other words, getting rid of the Y pipe, to relieve back pressure.
@kshawn Dual exhaust setups are more common on motors that have two sets of headers. On our car the header goes into a single pipe so you cant really get a "true" dual exhaust setup.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go with the straightest 2.5" pipe you can make work. No cat, no res, just a free flowing muffler at the back.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I knew I'd never be able to do a true dual. The header/ CAT all in one wouldn't alow haha. I was just wonder how much power would be loss with the Y. And I wish no CAT. But I've been working with my dealership and there drawing the line on the CAT. Unless I go high flow CAT. I also plan on no rear mufflers and just put a round muffler where the res was. Getting the downpipe made as well

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I knew I'd never be able to do a true dual. The header/ CAT all in one wouldn't alow haha. I was just wonder how much power would be loss with the Y. And I wish no CAT. But I've been working with my dealership and there drawing the line on the CAT. Unless I go high flow CAT. I also plan on no rear mufflers and just put a round muffler where the res was. Getting the downpipe made as well
Do you have an intake installed? What's the dealerships stance on that? I have the Mishimoto on the way and I'll wait to install until after my oil change if it's an issue.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yup, no issues with intake. I have the short ram. And going 2.5".

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If it's a bolt on and can be returned to factory, keep factory parts, you're usually covered. Unless the modification was the cause of whatever issue.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From a purely performance standpoint, a single exit is better, since there is no drop in exhaust gas velocity like there would be with the y. However, if you are concerned with aesthetics, or you want to run dual mufflers for less noise, I don't think you would lose much. Using mandrel bent, larger diameter piping, and free-flowing mufflers/resonators is more important IMO.
:goodpost:

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Exhuast project $_1.JPG If I'm going dual I'll be getting this. Tho I will not be using the included steel piping.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Where did you find this @kshawn?? I've been looking forever for something like that.
Ebay, search "2016 civic bumper diffuser" there's a center exit as well

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Where did you find this @kshawn?? I've been looking forever for something like that.
Ebay, search "2016 civic bumper diffuser" there's a center exit as well
Sponsored