Exhaust Tips

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I have dual exhaust and I hate that Honda decided to hide them. The car certainly has more of a luxury feel to it than previous generations and I think chrome tips in the back would have really set it off. Since there are no cutouts in the bumper for the tips to exit, do you think it would look bad if i were to have some welded on? I fear they would be angled down slightly due to the bumper and would probably make it look cheap.

Hopefully there is a solution to this soon because I absolutely cannot stand having a car with no exhaust tips!
Sponsored

OP
OP

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Agree, it's a shame our Turbo doesn't have an exposed exhaust. Probably being saved for the Si. I'd be open to a tasteful aftermarket solution.
I just got my reverse lights tinted so I was doing a lot of inspecting back there and I think the oval tips that come on the accords would look decent. Found some cheap ones on eBay that are $7 each so i may order them just to experiment.

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my reverse lights tinted so I was doing a lot of inspecting back there and I think the oval tips that come on the accords would look decent. Found some cheap ones on eBay that are $7 each so i may order them just to experiment.
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of this if you complete it. :thumbsup:

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
A wise man once said to find something precious like gold you have to search and dig into the earth. Maybe someone with same philosophy felt the same when designing the dual exhaust
-_-

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Im getting my exhaust done as i type this. Im sooo excited. Im running a single magnaflow straight thru race universal muffler on the pipe between the y pipe and cat. I bought a couple of nice dual outlet dc polished stainless steel exhaust tips and yes im running them out the back bumper so you can actually see them lol Ill post pics and a video when i get my car back within the next couple hours.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Im getting my exhaust done as i type this. Im sooo excited. Im running a single magnaflow straight thru race universal muffler on the pipe between the y pipe and cat. I bought a couple of nice dual outlet dc polished stainless steel exhaust tips and yes im running them out the back bumper so you can actually see them lol Ill post pics and a video when i get my car back within the next couple hours.
Cant wait man congrats

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Cant wait man congrats
Thanks buddy! I also ordered the injen cai from procivic.com and it shipped today!! Its scheduled to deliver on the 24th. Judging from the videos from hondata and the information injen has listed, I'm actually going to run the car in the 1/4 mile in the spring. Injen says the intake opens up 29hp! I will definitely post pics and give my impressions after i install it.

msalama91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring
Thanks buddy! I also ordered the injen cai from procivic.com and it shipped today!! Its scheduled to deliver on the 24th. Judging from the videos from hondata and the information injen has listed, I'm actually going to run the car in the 1/4 mile in the spring. Injen says the intake opens up 29hp! I will definitely post pics and give my impressions after i install it.
Yes please! I'd love to see a video to hear the sound of the injen cai.

OP
OP

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
dude that is awesome news! congrats and i cant wait to see/hear how it comes out. i didnt even know an intake was available yet. i will be obsessing over the forum now waiting for an update (like i have anyhting else to do)

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
dude that is awesome news! congrats and i cant wait to see/hear how it comes out. i didnt even know an intake was available yet. i will be obsessing over the forum now waiting for an update (like i have anyhting else to do)
Just picked it up. It sounds awesome! Ill be posting pics soon. I love it!

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
I have a picture but it wont let me upload it!!! Can someone help me out?
Sponsored