First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been calling different muffler shops to inquire about replacing the exhaust tips only and it seems like no one in the bay area wants to do this job for the 10th gen civic HB's. Anyone else have the same experience?
Sponsored

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in so cal i found a few shops that would do it, but they have ugly tips, quoted me $80? and i bring my own tips. im probably gonna go that route on my si

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
You might have better luck going into one of the shops. A lot of these smaller shops are less likely to turn down work that is right in front of them.

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Try Meineke car care center at middlefield road in Redwood City, he installed my catback and also does custom tips and full custom exhaust for a fair price

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in so cal i found a few shops that would do it, but they have ugly tips, quoted me $80? and i bring my own tips. im probably gonna go that route on my si
In So Cal I'm sure there's lots of shops. I was just there maybe around 2 weeks ago with my family visiting. The car night scene is something that i don't really see too much here in the Bay Area. In the mid to late 90s though the import car scene was strong but now, the guys who had all these cool, fixed up import cars are no where to be found.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try Meineke car care center at middlefield road in Redwood City, he installed my catback and also does custom tips and full custom exhaust for a fair price
I will try Meineke. Redwood City isn't too far for me. Just a 30 min drive from South City on the 101. I did get to call a shop thats local at South San Francisco called South City Mufflers. The guy is willing to look at the car first and decide. He explained to me that the reason why I get turned down is because the model of my car and its so hard to do work on.

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I will try Meineke. Redwood City isn't too far for me. Just a 30 min drive from South City on the 101. I did get to call a shop thats local at South San Francisco called South City Mufflers. The guy is willing to look at the car first and decide. He explained to me that the reason why I get turned down is because the model of my car and its so hard to do work on.
lol sounds like that mechanic is too lazy to go to work, I suggest calling Lupe at Meineke before and telling him your requests, his prices are fair and his work is great, he installed a resonator for me back then, and then offered to do a full custom catback for 400. Give him a call I’m sure he can do just the tips

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol sounds like that mechanic is too lazy to go to work, I suggest calling Lupe at Meineke before and telling him your requests, his prices are fair and his work is great, he installed a resonator for me back then, and then offered to do a full custom catback for 400. Give him a call I’m sure he can do just the tips
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I will definitely call and ask for Lupe!

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My dad used to get work done on his car through Lupe. He was hit-and-miss with his old truck, fixing one thing and kind of messing up another.

I'm not speaking poorly about him, just speaking on my experiences. I haven't been to him since my dad passed, but I also haven't done much body work with him either.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
El Camino Muffler in Santa Clara is another spot. I've never had him work on my CTR but he has worked on my Tacoma a couple of times-I know, not the same.

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
I got my muffler delete from Yanga muffler shop. It's in San Jose though, he did custom tips for my dads FRS as well.
Sponsored