First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to making modifications to vehicles. I purchased my 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT (no manual, no shame) back in February and now I'm ready to make a few modifications to my vehicle to spice things up a bit.

I wanted to get a few opinions on a pair of exhaust systems I've been looking at. Currently, it's between these two:

Sound comparison:

• GReddy

• Borla

The Borla seems to have a deeper and more gutteral sound than the GReddy, but the GReddy is at a lower price point with a pretty good sound as well.

I have considered a muffler delete and it sounds pretty good, but I don't want to void my warranty. I've heard that muffler deletes don't usually void warranties but I wanted to be safe and I have a little bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket.

What do you guys think? Suggestions/tips?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to making modifications to vehicles. I purchased my 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT (no manual, no shame) back in February and now I'm ready to make a few modifications to my vehicle to spice things up a bit.

I wanted to get a few opinions on a pair of exhaust systems I've been looking at. Currently, it's between these two:

Sound comparison:

• GReddy

• Borla

The Borla seems to have a deeper and more gutteral sound than the GReddy, but the GReddy is at a lower price point with a pretty good sound as well.

I have considered a muffler delete and it sounds pretty good, but I don't want to void my warranty. I've heard that muffler deletes don't usually void warranties but I wanted to be safe and I have a little bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket.

What do you guys think? Suggestions/tips?
I have the Greddy. I go back and forth on whether or not I like it.

It's nice to be able to hear the exhaust, the stock was virtually silent. However at the same time it does get a little annoying. Driving around town it can be a little droney, highway at or above 2.5k RPM depending on how I'm feeling can get annoying. I am still thinking about adding a resonator.

I do think the look is a bit better than stock if that means anything to you. Only thing that bothers me is the muffler being a bit more visible.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my exhaust, so far it seems to only bug me, I've never had anyone else be in the car and complain about it being too loud.

I think you could also check out the invidia q300, seems like that's a good in-between for sound/looks/price. Not huge on the burnt tips myself though.

Good luck on your decision it took me a long time to figure it out as well, I don't think there's anything out there you can go wrong with.

OP
OP
wbuff

wbuff

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Greddy. I go back and forth on whether or not I like it.

It's nice to be able to hear the exhaust, the stock was virtually silent. However at the same time it does get a little annoying. Driving around town it can be a little droney, highway at or above 2.5k RPM depending on how I'm feeling can get annoying. I am still thinking about adding a resonator.

I do think the look is a bit better than stock if that means anything to you. Only thing that bothers me is the muffler being a bit more visible.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my exhaust, so far it seems to only bug me, I've never had anyone else be in the car and complain about it being too loud.

I think you could also check out the invidia q300, seems like that's a good in-between for sound/looks/price. Not huge on the burnt tips myself though.

Good luck on your decision it took me a long time to figure it out as well, I don't think there's anything out there you can go wrong with.
Hey thanks for the response. I did look at the Invidia, but I'm also not a huge fan of the burnt tips either. I agree that that the exhaust does look better than stock, and I'm surprised you're experiencing drone that can get a little annoying. I'll take it into consideration, thanks again.

OP
OP
wbuff

wbuff

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In case anyone reads, I bought the Borla.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In case anyone reads, I bought the Borla.
I was going to suggest Borla myself. I personally like the design (from looking the pics). Straight pipe into a nice sized muffler and deep sounding. I didn't post this sooner because the price would not leave a 'hole burning in your pocket'. Seems that was important to you. Hope you enjoy your Borla.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I was going to suggest Borla myself. I personally like the design (from looking the pics). Straight pipe into a nice sized muffler and deep sounding. I didn't post this sooner because the price would not leave a 'hole burning in your pocket'. Seems that was important to you. Hope you enjoy your Borla.
Have you done anything to your exhaust? I have a ex as well and i was just wondering haha

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you done anything to your exhaust? I have a ex as well and i was just wondering haha
3" Injen Catback Exhaust

I am running a 3" PRL downpipe and 3" PRL front pipe as well. In my personal opinion, this is the best exhaust you can have for our platform. My muffler is 2.5" in/out, which I don't think is the best for flow. I had a 3" straight through muffler but it was louder than I'd like for long drives. The 2.5" In/out turbo muffler I had installed (It's not straight through design btw) is the best compromise for sound and flow.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
3" Injen Catback Exhaust

I am running a 3" PRL downpipe and 3" PRL front pipe as well. In my personal opinion, this is the best exhaust you can have for our platform. My muffler is 2.5" in/out, which I don't think is the best for flow. I had a 3" straight through muffler but it was louder than I'd like for long drives. The 2.5" In/out turbo muffler I had installed (It's not straight through design btw) is the best compromise for sound and flow.
What do you think of adding 2 borla proxs mufflers to the hatchback? Im kinda fancying that as of rn

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you think of adding 2 borla proxs mufflers to the hatchback? Im kinda fancying that as of rn
They seem like a good muffler to me from what I can see. Low restriction, some are straight through design. Looked at THIS thread to see what it looks like internally. From what I can see, it doesn't have that 'louvered core' design, whereas the holes are protruding into the airflow. The holes inside this muffler are flat, which is good. Flat holes inside and when I can see the light from end to end are my personal favorites. Especially if they actually muffle sound instead of being too loud and obnoxious.

Honda Civic 10th gen Exhaust Suggestions Dscf7387resized

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
They seem like a good muffler to me from what I can see. Low restriction, some are straight through design. Looked at THIS thread to see what it looks like internally. From what I can see, it doesn't have that 'louvered core' design, whereas the holes are protruding into the airflow. The holes inside this muffler are flat, which is good. Flat holes inside and when I can see the light from end to end are my personal favorites. Especially if they actually muffle sound instead of being too loud and obnoxious.

Dscf7387resized.jpg
Will probably go with the borlas then. I know a few people on here who have done magnaflows but I really wanted to try out the borlas heh
Sponsored