Exhaust Recommendations (Preferably w/o drone)

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you catless as well? I was able to deal with it in the city but on long drives going 75mph was unbearable after an hour.
NO, catted DP. Had a catless on my IX Evo, would not go back as that wasn't worth the stink,pollution and minimal gains. R400 system itself has lived through winter with zero rust and sounds great when paired with my specific mods. I could see catless DP causing any open exhaust system too drone.
Sponsored

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
NO, catted DP. Had a catless on my IX Evo, would not go back as that wasn't worth the stink,pollution and minimal gains. R400 system itself has lived through winter with zero rust and sounds great when paired with my specific mods. I could see catless DP causing any open exhaust system too drone.
Haha that was my mistake going catless. Too much drone with it. I sold it anyways. Have the HKS Legamax coming next week.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve read it doesn’t work. It’ll quiet the exhaust but not the drone. Anyways, I have the HKS Legamax coming in next week.
Matting isn't specific to drone as far as reducing noise, it's rubber that dampens noise/vibration in whole. It worked for me in regards to crappy vibrations and noise coming out of the system/car in a whole when first installed. (Before other mods). Again, not the system itself, the sheet metal is paper thin back there.

GL with new system ntl, I just couldn't enjoy two tips;)

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
Matting isn't specific to drone as far as reducing noise, it's rubber that dampens noise/vibration in whole. It worked for me in regards to crappy vibrations and noise coming out of the system/car in a whole when first installed. (Before other mods). Again, not the system itself, the sheet metal is paper thin back there.

GL with new system ntl, I just couldn't enjoy two tips;)
I bought some sound deadening from Amazon. That Noico stuff. I’ve heard it works but haven’t installed yet.

I don’t like the two tips too but I like how the HKS sounds. Maybe I’ll weld a fake middle tip or something haha ?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I bought some sound deadening from Amazon. That Noico stuff. I’ve heard it works but haven’t installed yet.

I don’t like the two tips too but I like how the HKS sounds. Maybe I’ll weld a fake middle tip or something haha ?
lol Noooooooo, leave it at two then, nothing fake (exhaust-wise), belongs on the car.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
lol Noooooooo, leave it at two then, nothing fake (exhaust-wise), belongs on the car.
The Borla system I'm using allows you to partially and completely block out the center exhaust tip making it essentially non-functional. I currently have it completely blocked out for drone reasons :p Some might consider it fake right now I guess ;)

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The Borla system I'm using allows you to partially and completely block out the center exhaust tip making it essentially non-functional. I currently have it completely blocked out for drone reasons :p Some might consider it fake right now I guess ;)
I guess if it still leaks a tiny amount of exhaust through, it's not fake...but I like my gurgles and pops.