Exhaust recommendations (3 tip, minimal drone)?

Lowest drone - Deepest sound - Build quality - Looks

• Total voters

street937

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Only 2 mods I want, don’t want a tune or anything. Will this combination throw any CEL’s on a 2021 CTR?
Sponsored

OP
OP
street937

street937

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wanna up the sound on my 2021 CTR. Not looking for major power gains, not tuning it, these are going to be my only two mods.

Will these together hurt the car in any way or throw any codes?

OP
OP
street937

street937

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I can’t decide on an Exhaust for my new CTR. I definitely want to keep the 3 tip look, I want something with a low non-raspy exhaust note, something that has minimal drone because it’s my daily, something that isn’t super loud but also doesn’t sound stock, and hopefully something that offers black / carbon exhaust tips.

I’m not tuning my CTR so it needs to work with the car and not throw any codes ect.

I was dead set on the AWE touring exhaust but I have read some reviews that says it’s louder than people expect and it has a ton of drone in the 2k-3k rpm range.
I have also looked into Remus, Greddy, and Militek but none of them seem to quite fit the bill. The Militek part resonated road+& AWE touring is my best two options at this point from what I’ve seen but any input / other options would be greatly appreciated.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told Militek is one of the better ones. Stay away from Thermal R&D and J's Racing both terribly loud. My buddy has the Greddy I know it's not a 3 tip but it seems to be quite.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran full bolt ons for months before I got my ktuner and never had any issues.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would DEFINITELY look at the new offering from AWE... They have the DualPhase Mid Pipe. I read a few reviews on here from people who didn't like the drone from the Touring, especially with a catless DP.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/awe-touring-exhaust-standard-vs-dual-phase.64587/

Found it, this guy says it did exactly what he was looking for which was almost completely eliminate the drone.

I have the Megan racing exhaust but honestly I'm not sure how to rate it. For me I love the sound with stock DP/FP, and I don't think it drones bad but some passengers have complained a bit. With the catless downpipe I just put on I guess I would say there is drone now but really only 3500 and above which I never cruise at so it doesn't really matter. It's loud for sure though I love it haha

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh also in regard to the not tuning, I simply got one of the mini catalytic converters that screws into the o2 bung so I don't have to worry about throwing a code since I'm not tuning until next year. You just screw the o2 into the other end of this and since there is a tiny little screen in there it helps to disrupt the airflow and make the sensor think you still have the cat. One of the best parts of the FK8 is the ECU in that it compensates for differences made by doing bolt ons. You can be pretty much FBO and run the stock tune. You just will be making power more efficiently until you tune and tell the ECU to do more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313379494514

Granted, catless will introduce more drone but you can always add a resonator to any exhaust system to fine tune to your preference. Just find a good exhaust shop and you'll be all set to add and remove mufflers and resonators to get exactly the sound you want. Personally the sound difference with the catless is worth it. Just sounds so angry!

Oongie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 STI and 2003 RSX Type-s
Country flag
I am in a similar boat of finding an aftermarket exhaust with minimal drone with a possible aftermarket DP. Torn between the AWE with the DualPhase Mid Pipe and the 27won exhaust. From lurking around the forums and Facebook groups, it seems like the 27won exhaust has a better approval rating in terms of overall quality and build.

OP
OP
street937

street937

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Cool I appreciate all the info, are you saying for the AWE dual phase mid pipe I’ll need a tune or the mini catalytic converters? Also do you have any experience with 27won and how does it stack up against AWE?
Sponsored