1.5T Exhaust pops on WOT

lieche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
So I recently got my resonator and mufflers removed, and haven't heard any kind of pops until the past couple days. I retuned a couple days ago, enabling early spool and removing advanced vsa, other than that it's maxxed out base ktuner tune.

Now, I have noticed at WOT , I am getting some crazy pops. I have a 2018 cvt ex. Does anyone else get that or maybe someone can tell me it's ok and I'm not murdering my baby? First time with modifying exhaust so yeah, I appreciate the help
Sponsored

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got them on a muffler delete on TSP Stage 1, especially when using Advanced VSA traction control. I want to say it's fine, because if the pop is happening AFTER the cat, there's nothing else in the flow to damage?

OP
OP
lieche

lieche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I mean, it sounds cool although the other drivers probably think I'm a jerk ricer lol. But it's like without the advanced vsa pulling ignition that now it's popopopop. Also changed my plugs.. now that I think about ignition. But if it was something bad with the ignition system I'd throw a cel right?

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I mean, it sounds cool although the other drivers probably think I'm a jerk ricer lol. But it's like without the advanced vsa pulling ignition that now it's popopopop. Also changed my plugs.. now that I think about ignition. But if it was something bad with the ignition system I'd throw a cel right?
It absolutely would for most causes like bad ignition or bad fuel trims if it was bad enough, it would cause knock. Paranoia says it MIGHT be bad on the exhaust half of the turbo and cats in the downpipe, but so long as it's only occasionally I would say you're probably okay in the long run

OP
OP
lieche

lieche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
It absolutely would for most causes like bad ignition or bad fuel trims if it was bad enough, it would cause knock. Paranoia says it MIGHT be bad on the exhaust half of the turbo and cats in the downpipe, but so long as it's only occasionally I would say you're probably okay in the long run

Soo I just went limp after a pull and I have misfire codes on 3 cylinders. Gonna get my original plugs back in and see if the problems still there. I settled for autolite iridium over ngk cause ngk was special order. Might have to order , will post back

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Soo I just went limp after a pull and I have misfire codes on 3 cylinders. Gonna get my original plugs back in and see if the problems still there. I settled for autolite iridium over ngk cause ngk was special order. Might have to order , will post back
Oof. Did you flash the right tune, Street instead of Race MAF? We're your fuel trims off? Let us know what you find out, and good luck!

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So I recently got my resonator and mufflers removed, and haven't heard any kind of pops until the past couple days. I retuned a couple days ago, enabling early spool and removing advanced vsa, other than that it's maxxed out base ktuner tune.

Now, I have noticed at WOT , I am getting some crazy pops. I have a 2018 cvt ex. Does anyone else get that or maybe someone can tell me it's ok and I'm not murdering my baby? First time with modifying exhaust so yeah, I appreciate the help
Any clips?

OP
OP
lieche

lieche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
Oof. Did you flash the right tune, Street instead of Race MAF? We're your fuel trims off? Let us know what you find out, and good luck!
I def flashed the right tune, i use the same maps basically across the board just slightly modified. The new Auto lite plugs were already crispy. They came in tightened a little too easy too which is strange cause I know I snugged em up right. Not my first rodeo with basic maintenance lol

I re installed my ngks with 20k on them (I know, that's not much but I'm tuned, drive hard, and they had some char and I was bored ). It's running smooth again. Did a couple pulls and no pops at all and no misfires

Guess I'm headed back to AutoZone tomorrow.

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I def flashed the right tune, i use the same maps basically across the board just slightly modified. The new Auto lite plugs were already crispy. They came in tightened a little too easy too which is strange cause I know I snugged em up right. Not my first rodeo with basic maintenance lol

I re installed my ngks with 20k on them (I know, that's not much but I'm tuned, drive hard, and they had some char and I was bored ). It's running smooth again. Did a couple pulls and no pops at all and no misfires

Guess I'm headed back to AutoZone tomorrow.
I've heard multiple people, including professionals, say to only use exact spec plugs, and to stay with the NGKs, only changing gap if going to certain levels of boost. Live and learn, right?

OP
OP
lieche

lieche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I've heard multiple people, including professionals, say to only use exact spec plugs, and to stay with the NGKs, only changing gap if going to certain levels of boost. Live and learn, right?
Yup, Ive heard the same. Always used NGK but since i was impatient decided to give the autolite a shot. now I know, and at least i didnt blow the thing up. got scared there for a minute. I was cutting off throttle earlier on other pulls so i never had a cel or anything.

On that last pull i lost 3 cylinders, to top it off my wife was with me and I got that, "dammit why you gotta fuck with stuff" look haha
Sponsored