Exhaust Poll - How Likely Are You to Upgrade?

How likely are you to upgrade your EXHAUST on your 10th Gen Civic?

• Total voters

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hey Guys, I wanted to get some info for Exhaust MFG's and Vendors in the industry to have a better idea on what you are likely to mod on your Gen10 for these specific platforms: Civic Type R, Civic Si and Civic Sport HB 1.5T . This is specific to these models only. If I can find a way to put everyone's name in a hat who responds, I'll give away some swag in a couple of weeks.

This will help all mfg's and retailers to make sure our product planning and catalogs are meeting the needs of this enthusiast market so you have more to choose from to make your ride your own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I would love to upgrade my sport touring HB, or even my wifes EX HB, but I'm broke. Did a resonator delete and it was less than I hoped for.

EDIT: I can't justify 800$+ on a noise maker

Last edited:

gmalkmus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Exhausts are just far too expensive. When you're talking about spending 1k on a new exhaust, that's just far too much for a 24,000 car. If the exhaust was a more reasonable price (500$ or less) I would buy one. But since this car isn't a 40k sports car, I refuse to spend 1k on an exhaust.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Imo the sport exhaust is sexy af and while it doesn't sound like a ricer exhaust it's still music to my ears when I get into the boost. Definitely not going to go through the expense of putting in a new exhaust system as long as this one stays rust/hole free.

Devon_623

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT, 2015 Aprilia Shiver 750
Country flag
All of these comments are accurate. I would love to upgrade my exhaust, but the price tags (not saying they arent quality) are just too much for a fairly inexpensive car.

CPA1989

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unlikely to change exhaust, as it's a little too rich for me given the overall cost of the car.

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Already changed the exhaust! To Awe Track Edition ;) (Also this was my first mod!). I changed the exhaust first because the noise was a bit to quiet for my taste and I knew in the long run I was gonna get an exhaust anyways. So ima get the exhaust first because I was sick of the HDMI tip!

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring; 2018 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Hey Guys, I wanted to get some info for Exhaust MFG's and Vendors in the industry to have a better idea on what you are likely to mod on your Gen10 for these specific platforms: Civic Type R, Civic Si and Civic Sport 1.5T . This is specific to these models only. If I can find a way to put everyone's name in a hat who responds, I'll give away some swag in a couple of weeks.

This will help all mfg's and retailers to make sure our product planning and catalogs are meeting the needs of this enthusiast market so you have more to choose from to make your ride your own.
Just a suggestion - You may want to specify "HB" in the Civic Sport 1.5t option since that model doesn't exist to my knowledge. Civic Sports are 2.0; Civic HB sport models have the 1.5t.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have trouble replacing anything that ain't broke ;) But if my factory exhaust ever breaks outside of warranty I will definitely go aftermarket

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Type R desperately needed something to at least match its crazy looks. Went HKS Legamax and haven’t looked back. If it was tri tipped I probably would like it slightly more but I don’t mind the dual tip too much.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
On the fence. I'm now middle age, so trying somewhat to avoid the boy racer image. It would be nice to have a bit more aggressive exhaust, but not sure I'm willing to shell out $1000 for a quality exhaust, especially since they don't really do anything for performance.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I switched out my OEM exhaust for a Greddy Supreme catback exhaust a couple months back. It's not the loudest exhaust and that is precisely why I chose it. Overall i'm very satisfied with how it turned out.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
I would sooner save the cash and have a great holiday with my family, performance exhausts are just too expensive for a set of tubes...... just my opinion.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I appreciate all of the comments. Make sure you're putting your vote into the poll. Thanks for the direct feedback as well, this is really valuable for the industry. :headbang:

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Just a suggestion - You may want to specify "HB" in the Civic Sport 1.5t option since that model doesn't exist to my knowledge. Civic Sports are 2.0; Civic HB sport models have the 1.5t.
Yeah, you're totally right and I caught that after I posted it on my way out the door yesterday AM but I can't edit it. I'll update the initial post with that detail. Thanks dude. :beer:
Sponsored