Exhaust odor with hard acceleration.

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 civic hatch ST,
Country flag
I have a 2018 ST hatch with over 8k miles. Last night I was on the highway and accelerated quick, but not too crazy and my interior smelled like rotten eggs for a while. Went to the grocery store for half an hour and came back and the interior still smelled bad.
Sponsored

First Name
Nah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ext sedan, sc400
Country flag
Reviving this thread. Any updates?
I have a 16 ext with 16K miles and I get a burning smell after hard acceleration as well. Only mod is a Mishimoto intake.

coldrank

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
2020 civic si. 500 miles. : During high acceleration to pass a car : RPM around 4k-5k. : strong Odor of exhaust/ gas. Going to the dealership this weekend.

First Name
Nah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ext sedan, sc400
Country flag
2020 civic si. 500 miles. : During high acceleration to pass a car : RPM around 4k-5k. : strong Odor of exhaust/ gas. Going to the dealership this weekend.
Keep us updated. Took mine into the dealership and came up nothing after a tech took it for a test drive

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if u have custom exhaust tighten everything and connection to fp

Last edited:

First Name
Nah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ext sedan, sc400
Country flag
Update.
20k miles now and had the cvt fluid changed. It seemed to have gotten rid of the burning smell. Will update as time goes on.

Toadman73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check the hood seal that is along the back portion of the engine bay closest to the windshield to make sure it is seated properly. The fresh air intake for the AC system is on the drivers side of the engine bay just below the windshield and if the seal is not seated properly then exhaust from the engine will suck right into thise inlet holes straight into the cabin. I had the same issue and took it to the dealership twice before we figured it out..... They were ready to give up on it when we were all standing around wondering what to do next when when it was noticed. Couldn’t believe it but was glad it wasn’t anything serious. Hope this helps.
Sponsored