XXCIVICXX
First Name
BRICKFLAIR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
Looking to get a deeper sound from my car but was looking for recommendations on particular mufflers/resonator options. I've searched all over youtube about muffler deletes and resonator deletes but cannot come to a final consensus on weather to get one or the other. I don't want my car to be super loud and be obnoxious but just a deeper sound.

Do you guys recommend something like a dbx resonator with a muffler delete? or what are some of the setups you guys are running that isn't stock. Any information is welcomed as always!

Thanks!!!
Sponsored

ramnj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Subscribed. Been looking with no luck.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I'm currently waiting for GReddy to come out with a catback with a quality muffler attached to a 2.5 or 3" pipe. So far, other than custom, I've only seen Invidia and Magnaflow kits for the 2.0. I've not been impressed with the sound of any resonator or muffler deletes. The high pitch ricer noise is the opposite of what I'm looking for, and GReddy, from past experience, tends to keep it at a low tone growl. Their independent mufflers not specifically designed for the car tend to keep a level of "loudness", which is why I haven't had a shop fab a solution for me.

You also really only have RV6 as an option for the downpipe, which is catless, and certainly accentuates the exhaust note, but has a couple concerns - legality, check engine light, and exhaust smell.

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
I'm currently waiting for GReddy to come out with a catback with a quality muffler attached to a 2.5 or 3" pipe. So far, other than custom, I've only seen Invidia and Magnaflow kits for the 2.0. I've not been impressed with the sound of any resonator or muffler deletes. The high pitch ricer noise is the opposite of what I'm looking for, and GReddy, from past experience, tends to keep it at a low tone growl. Their independent mufflers not specifically designed for the car tend to keep a level of "loudness", which is why I haven't had a shop fab a solution for me.

You also really only have RV6 as an option for the downpipe, which is catless, and certainly accentuates the exhaust note, but has a couple concerns - legality, check engine light, and exhaust smell.
so. YouTube has a clip sound nice Nd deep I should knoe I have a muffler delete on mine ( 2.0

OP
OP

P3ARLCIVICX

XXCIVICXX
First Name
BRICKFLAIR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
so. YouTube has a clip sound nice Nd deep I should knoe I have a muffler delete on mine ( 2.0
So would you say the muffler delete sounds good? i'm not looking for anything raspy or can sounding with the pops, not really my style. If the muffler delete doesn't sound too good i might as well wait for a custom exhaust

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
I have a video on how it sound but the file is to big let me know if you guy have fb messenger I’ll shoot it over