First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM FK8
Country flag
Heya

So Just got my 2021 PMM CTR and would like to upgrade the exhaust. I'd like to upgrade but retain the three tip look.

I know this has probably been concluded somewhere in the threads but can't find it.

Anyone know of an exhaust, three tip and lighter than stock, preferably with 3" Diameter pipe?

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Heya

So Just got my 2021 PMM CTR and would like to upgrade the exhaust. I'd like to upgrade but retain the three tip look.

I know this has probably been concluded somewhere in the threads but can't find it.

Anyone know of an exhaust, three tip and lighter than stock, preferably with 3" Diameter pipe?

Thanks in Advance
You should list out constraints or requirements of the exhaust besides just 3". Budget might be important too.

OP
OP

BombTrak

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM FK8
Country flag
You should list out constraints or requirements of the exhaust besides just 3". Budget might be important too.
Cat-Back, not obnoxiously loud if avoidable. Not insanely priced (I know that's not helpful, but price is subjective except I'd like my wife to not hate me for the cost)

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cat-Back, not obnoxiously loud if avoidable. Not insanely priced (I know that's not helpful, but price is subjective except I'd like my wife to not hate me for the cost)
I think you might have trouble finding something light weight that is both affordable and not loud.

OP
OP

BombTrak

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM FK8
Country flag
I think you might have trouble finding something light weight that is both affordable and not loud.
Okay. What if we eliminate either of those factors? Is there a triple tip that’s lightweight but pricey or one that’s not subtle but lightweight?

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I don’t have a Type R but I have the AWE touring on my Si. It’s the perfect balance of smooth sound without being obnoxious on the Highway. It also has the 2-3 tip option.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay. What if we eliminate either of those factors? Is there a triple tip that’s lightweight but pricey or one that’s not subtle but lightweight?
Have a look at AWE track pipe. There is also the R400 full titanium.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Another one with 3' would be 27 Won which also retain 3 tip

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
theres quite a few 3 tip options and depends on your budget / noise level / drone sensitivity.

lighter might be hard depending on the brand just because bigger diameter usually means more weight.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
A lot of 3 Tips with 3 Inch pipe, but you need to give a range of your budget.
these can be starts from 1000 to 8000 .

OP
OP

BombTrak

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM FK8
Country flag
A lot of 3 Tips with 3 Inch pipe, but you need to give a range of your budget.
these can be starts from 1000 to 8000 .
I’m prepared to entertain any price, I just don’t see the point in adding weight to a car that’s designed specifically to be light. So that’s really my only “must have” I can work price (prefer it to be cheaper) and I can work with volume (cops don’t really care up here) but would prefer it to not be nuts.
I’ve searched high and low but can’t find half the weights for any of the products.
If it’s too vague of a request I understand

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m prepared to entertain any price, I just don’t see the point in adding weight to a car that’s designed specifically to be light. So that’s really my only “must have” I can work price (prefer it to be cheaper) and I can work with volume (cops don’t really care up here) but would prefer it to not be nuts.
I’ve searched high and low but can’t find half the weights for any of the products.
If it’s too vague of a request I understand
To be completely honest, unless you're aiming to cut hundreds of lbs, sprung weight doesn't really matter.

You'll find more accessible and easier found gains from reducing unsprung weight.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Heya

Thanks in Advance
Hi, my name is Dave and I work for AWE, based he in Pennsylvania. We have a variety of options and configurations developed to meet the feedback from members of this forum. Our options are all 3", developed on the dyno and include a front pipe.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/honda-fk8-civic-type-r-exhaust-suite

Let me know if you have any questions.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I have awe touring w/catless DP and it’s hella rowdy and loud but that’s what I wanted and love it.
If you’re looking for a tame system look into 27won, although not a lightweight system but sounds great also. Lots of options out there

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
if you want max weight saving from exhaust, get those full titanium exhaust. ranging from 2500 to 8000 check out R400 full titanium, boost logic, sequence manufacturing, scorpion, or two tip from J's at 2000 something. Most of them are really light weight for example, boost logic is only 16.75 lb with the valve.
Sponsored