First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 1.5L Turbo Sport Hatch in the near future, but as always before I throw money at the car, I'd appreciate some good advice. I'd prefer upgrading the entire exhaust to something that'll provide better airflow and of course a good sound; however, I'm not sure if it's necessary to upgrade the entire exhaust or just invest in a muffler or resonator delete. I know brands like 27won (first on my wishlist right now) and GReddy make solid options for the 10th gens, but any and all advice from any brand is welcome.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
So I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 1.5L Turbo Sport Hatch in the near future, but as always before I throw money at the car, I'd appreciate some good advice. I'd prefer upgrading the entire exhaust to something that'll provide better airflow and of course a good sound; however, I'm not sure if it's necessary to upgrade the entire exhaust or just invest in a muffler or resonator delete. I know brands like 27won (first on my wishlist right now) and GReddy make solid options for the 10th gens, but any and all advice from any brand is welcome.
This is actually a sensitive subject. If you are looking for sound only, then an exhaust system is what you need. If you are looking for performance and slightly better sound, then a catted downpipe is probably what you need. Now you mentioned a resonator or muffler delete, well you might not like the drone you’ll get by doing this, but it is the cheapest option.

OP
OP
jaybuckets

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is actually a sensitive subject. If you are looking for sound only, then an exhaust system is what you need. If you are looking for performance and slightly better sound, then a catted downpipe is probably what you need. Now you mentioned a resonator or muffler delete, well you might not like the drone you’ll get by doing this, but it is the cheapest option.
Yeah my main thing is a good sound with minor drone, which is why I’m not keen on the muffler/resonator delete. A new exhaust system would be ideal just because i know it’ll improve airflow a lot and it’ll help the engine and quality of drive overall

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah my main thing is a good sound with minor drone, which is why I’m not keen on the muffler/resonator delete. A new exhaust system would be ideal just because i know it’ll improve airflow a lot and it’ll help the engine and quality of drive overall
Well I can vouch for the Flowmaster DBX muffler. I got it on my 2.0 plus I deleted the resonator. There is a nice aggressive sound under acceleration while keeping quiet at cruising. There really is no drone that I noticed. Here is a clip of the sound on a cold start and a couple revs:

OP
OP
jaybuckets

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I can vouch for the Flowmaster DBX muffler. I got it on my 2.0 plus I deleted the resonator. There is a nice aggressive sound under acceleration while keeping quiet at cruising. There really is no drone that I noticed. Here is a clip of the sound on a cold start and a couple revs:
Sounds super aggressive, only thing is that this wouldnt fit on the 1.5L I currently have would it?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds super aggressive, only thing is that this wouldnt fit on the 1.5L I currently have would it?
This is a custom exhaust so yes it will fit on yours. The muffler is welded in the place of the original resonator and the mufflers in the back are deleted. There have been a couple members on this forum that have done in to their 1.5t civics.

OP
OP
jaybuckets

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a custom exhaust so yes it will fit on yours. The muffler is welded in the place of the original resonator and the mufflers in the back are deleted. There have been a couple members on this forum that have done in to their 1.5t civics.
ah okay that sounds pretty legit then, i’ll do more research into that. Seems like it’ll be cheaper than the 27won exhaust that I originally had my eyes set on.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ah okay that sounds pretty legit then, i’ll do more research into that. Seems like it’ll be cheaper than the 27won exhaust that I originally had my eyes set on.
I know magnaflow makes a cat back exhaust system for your car to. They even have a video advertising it so you can hear it. It sounds good to, and I believe it’s stainless

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Greddy SP with stock DP/FP

Greddy SP with Catted RV6 DP/FP

I thought the Greddy SP sounded great until I installed the DP/FP with it. Now I can never go back.

OP
OP
jaybuckets

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Greddy SP with stock DP/FP

Greddy SP with Catted RV6 DP/FP

I thought the Greddy SP sounded great until I installed the DP/FP with it. Now I can never go back.
yeah this sounds legit too, I was looking at GReddy stuff along with 27won and they seemed pretty similar, this is the entire exhaust system and not just a muffler right?

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah this sounds legit too, I was looking at GReddy stuff along with 27won and they seemed pretty similar, this is the entire exhaust system and not just a muffler right?
Yes it's the full Greddy exhaust

OP
OP
jaybuckets

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it's the full Greddy exhaust
It's fairly priced too, I gotta do more research into it cause this might be my best option over 27won
Sponsored