Exhaust advice....?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Apologies in advance if this topic is brought up too often, but....

I’ll be in the market for an exhaust soon for my 2020 sedan. I’ve been watching YouTube vids, but it’s really difficult to get a clear/accurate sound clip. I’ve seen multiple sound clips of same exhaust, that sound different depending on mic setup the YouTuber is using, add that to me using my phone to listen to the clips...

is there a better/more accurate site that I can hear clips?

what is everyone running?

BTW.... I plan on keeping stock dp /fp (for to foreseeable future), and would like a semi-deep tone. At the moment, I’m looking into (but not limited to) the MAPerfomance street or race, or the HKS.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies in advance if this topic is brought up too often, but....

I’ll be in the market for an exhaust soon for my 2020 sedan. I’ve been watching YouTube vids, but it’s really difficult to get a clear/accurate sound clip. I’ve seen multiple sound clips of same exhaust, that sound different depending on mic setup the YouTuber is using, add that to me using my phone to listen to the clips...

is there a better/more accurate site that I can hear clips?

what is everyone running?

BTW.... I plan on keeping stock dp /fp (for to foreseeable future), and would like a semi-deep tone. At the moment, I’m looking into (but not limited to) the MAPerfomance street or race, or the HKS.
I’d add AWE to your your list. Those three would be my top 3 choices. I know HKS had long lead times when I was looking a couple of years ago. Seeing if anyone had them actually in stock might help narrow your choices. HKS seems the quietest of the three. I ended up with MAP street which I like very much.

DSport Mag has decibel ratings on all the top exhausts. They and Edge Autosport also have the best comparison videos that I have seen.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I’d add AWE to your your list. Those three would be my top 3 choices. I know HKS had long lead times when I was looking a couple of years ago. Seeing if anyone had them actually in stock might help narrow your choices. HKS seems the quietest of the three. I ended up with MAP street which I like very much.

DSport Mag has decibel ratings on all the top exhausts. They and Edge Autosport also have the best comparison videos that I have seen.
Thanks man. I’ll definitely check out the site, and the awe. I very much appreciate the suggestions!

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
I just installed the HKS Hi Power on my 2020 Si coupe today. I've got an HKS exhaust on my S14 and I love them both. No more HDMI port. Nice deep burble but subtle at idle. I haven't had it out on the highway yet so I can't comment on drone but I'm a huge fan of the HKS stuff. Will have their Hipermax IV coilovers on my S14 whenever they come in from backorder. Car just rolled over 5k miles and I couldn't take the silent treatment from my exhaust anymore. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Exhaust advice....? HKS

It looks a little wonky from the angle I took the picture but it's on there straight. Install probably took me about an hour- hour and a half in my garage by myself messing around. 10mm socket to remove 5 I believe bolts holding the rear-tray on to access the mid-pipe. 14mm socket and extension for the 3 nuts on the rear mid-pipe flange and a big screwdriver/prybar to push off the exhaust hangers. I used a jack to support the exhaust and did it on the floor w/ jackstands. The HKS rear-section to muffler connection uses a pair of 15mm bolts on the clamp. It's just like the one on my Camaro was on the manifold to cat connection. Super easy whatever you end up going with.

I ordered mine from here, no issues and quick shipping. They said they had it in stock and they sure did. Looks like the sedan is backordered though. I'd reach out for a lead time first. (Here's the link to the sedan variant for your car if that's what you want.)
https://www.importimageracing.com/c...ler-exhaust-honda-civic-si-sedan-fc-2017-2020

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I just installed the HKS Hi Power on my 2020 Si coupe today. I've got an HKS exhaust on my S14 and I love them both. No more HDMI port. Nice deep burble but subtle at idle. I haven't had it out on the highway yet so I can't comment on drone but I'm a huge fan of the HKS stuff. Will have their Hipermax IV coilovers on my S14 whenever they come in from backorder. Car just rolled over 5k miles and I couldn't take the silent treatment from my exhaust anymore. ?

HKS.jpg

It looks a little wonky from the angle I took the picture but it's on there straight. Install probably took me about an hour- hour and a half in my garage by myself messing around. 10mm socket to remove 5 I believe bolts holding the rear-tray on to access the mid-pipe. 14mm socket and extension for the 3 nuts on the rear mid-pipe flange and a big screwdriver/prybar to push off the exhaust hangers. I used a jack to support the exhaust and did it on the floor w/ jackstands. The HKS rear-section to muffler connection uses a pair of 15mm bolts on the clamp. It's just like the one on my Camaro was on the manifold to cat connection. Super easy whatever you end up going with.

I ordered mine from here, no issues and quick shipping. They said they had it in stock and they sure did. Looks like the sedan is backordered though. I'd reach out for a lead time first. (Here's the link to the sedan variant for your car if that's what you want.)
https://www.importimageracing.com/c...ler-exhaust-honda-civic-si-sedan-fc-2017-2020
From the vids I’ve watched, HKS sounds great! One of my favs so far as far as sound goes. My only issue with that exhaust, is the dual tips. I’d really like a triple tip exhaust, but if what sounds best within my price range is dual, or quad tip, then so be it.

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
Yeah, exhaust is DEFINITELY one of those 'to each their own' things. I've always loved the dual over a single. I've seen some of the triples and they aren't my cup of tea. Not a huge fan of it on the Type R either. Not sure what Honda was thinking with the 10th gen exhausts. I'm usually ULTRA picky on exhaust. I was on my 5th gen camaro, on my S14, and this car. I took a leap of faith from the few youtube videos I'd found and the one on HKS's site. So far, without having driven it on the highway, I can honestly say HKS's videos are pretty accurate as far as sound goes. Going out for a cruse in a bit once I wash up so I'll post an edit with my highway impression later but it's definitely got the thumbs up from me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Exhaust advice....? S14e

S14 exhaust for reference. I can't stand farty or tinny exhaust. I like them to be deep but not too droney. My favorite exhaust to date is on the cobra but I'll never achieve a true dual lake-pipe sound from the L15. Dono if that helps you at all from my tastes but I would absolutely buy the HKS again.

Hey, maybe see if there's anyone in your area willing to either give you a ride or let you hear their exhaust in person. Gotta be more than a couple 10th gens in So-cal right? Or is it a huge no-no for mods in CA? I'm kind of ignorant there, it's the wild west in KS. No emissions testing either. Thank god or my cat-less dinosaurs wouldn't pass.

*** EDIT

So I got it out on the highway last night and just never wanted to quit driving it. The sound is pretty quiet for a catback but I'm ok with that. No highway drone, the only time the exhaust is anything remotely close to noisy-drone levels in the cabin is during prolonged deceleration. Even then it's not obnoxious just a bit higher volume. Has a nice deep burble to it between shifts. Still very pleased at this point. At highway speeds I can still have a conversation without having to raise my voice. At highway cruise, it's definitely louder than stock but not by a huge margin. Can definitely hear it well on startup while the engine is cold but once it idles down to 700-800 RPM it's nearly silent idling. No rasp or anything harsh whatsoever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah, exhaust is DEFINITELY one of those 'to each their own' things. I've always loved the dual over a single. I've seen some of the triples and they aren't my cup of tea. Not a huge fan of it on the Type R either. Not sure what Honda was thinking with the 10th gen exhausts. I'm usually ULTRA picky on exhaust. I was on my 5th gen camaro, on my S14, and this car. I took a leap of faith from the few youtube videos I'd found and the one on HKS's site. So far, without having driven it on the highway, I can honestly say HKS's videos are pretty accurate as far as sound goes. Going out for a cruse in a bit once I wash up so I'll post an edit with my highway impression later but it's definitely got the thumbs up from me.

S14e.jpg

S14 exhaust for reference. I can't stand farty or tinny exhaust. I like them to be deep but not too droney. My favorite exhaust to date is on the cobra but I'll never achieve a true dual lake-pipe sound from the L15. Dono if that helps you at all from my tastes but I would absolutely buy the HKS again.

Hey, maybe see if there's anyone in your area willing to either give you a ride or let you hear their exhaust in person. Gotta be more than a couple 10th gens in So-cal right? Or is it a huge no-no for mods in CA? I'm kind of ignorant there, it's the wild west in KS. No emissions testing either. Thank god or my cat-less dinosaurs wouldn't pass.
I’m not really in the “car scene”, don’t have a lot of free time to do so even if I wanted to. I do know of a youtuber kinda in my area that has an MAP race exhaust... maybe I’ll hit him up to hear in person. If not, I’ll just do some more research, and hope I get lucky picking one from online sound clips/reviews.

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m running the invidia r400 exhaust and the tone is pretty deep and it’s not super loud. It a tri-tip design which looks really aggressive. I haven’t seen many civics running it so there aren’t many exhaust clips but edge auto sports has one.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I’m running the invidia r400 exhaust and the tone is pretty deep and it’s not super loud. It a tri-tip design which looks really aggressive. I haven’t seen many civics running it so there aren’t many exhaust clips but edge auto sports has one.
I really like the looks of the invidia as well... trying to keep it inder $1k before shipping and install. I’m not counting em out tho.

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
3 weeks ago I installed MAPerformance street exhaust on my coupe and couldn't be happier. I'm also keeping stock dp /fp. The sound is just perfect, I get gurgles when shifting 1-3 and in reverse. I didn't want anything too loud and this hits just right, it can be quiet when just cruising but really let's off when I accelerate quickly.

Highly recommend.

SleepyCivic

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan WOP
Country flag
I’m also running the invidia with stock dp/fp and I love it. Deep tone, not raspy or tinny. Definitely looks good filling up the space where the hdmi was.

Drd338

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I really like the looks of the invidia as well... trying to keep it inder $1k before shipping and install. I’m not counting em out tho.
Edge auto sports has it for $749. No tax or shipping to NY. Cheapest I could find. Ordered beginning of May with an ETA of 6/16. Hoping it comes soon. Whatever you decide I’d be prepared to wait for it. Seems most car parts these days are backordered or made for order. Good luck on your decision!

https://edgeautosport.com/invidia-gemini-triple-exit-exhaust-honda-civic-si-sedan-only-2017-2020/

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
3 weeks ago I installed MAPerformance street exhaust on my coupe and couldn't be happier. I'm also keeping stock dp /fp. The sound is just perfect, I get gurgles when shifting 1-3 and in reverse. I didn't want anything too loud and this hits just right, it can be quiet when just cruising but really let's off when I accelerate quickly.

Highly recommend.
at the moment, I think the MAP is the front runner for me. Sound clips seem the most consistent from what I can tell. Still considering a couple others tho, and not 100% IF I go with MAP whether to get street or race...

I’m also running the invidia with stock dp/fp and I love it. Deep tone, not raspy or tinny. Definitely looks good filling up the space where the hdmi was.
Invidia is definitely one im still considering... gonna be a bit (month or so) before I pull the trigger, so I’m gonna look into a bit more. The 3 tips look great! And is actually what I prefer as far as looks.
Edge auto sports has it for $749. No tax or shipping to NY. Cheapest I could find. Ordered beginning of May with an ETA of 6/16. Hoping it comes soon. Whatever you decide I’d be prepared to wait for it. Seems most car parts these days are backordered or made for order. Good luck on your decision!

https://edgeautosport.com/invidia-gemini-triple-exit-exhaust-honda-civic-si-sedan-only-2017-2020/
Thanks man! I appreciate it!!

thanks for all suggestions so far! Much appreciated!
Sponsored