First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An elite sponsor dropped in quick right behind me to attempt to capture $$$. Don't be fooled. Probably for a reason. How long has Borla been around? They use air craft my grade alliumm. Compare and contrast carefully.
Don't harsh on @Unity Performance. They (their founders) have been long time members of this forum, and have provided countless reviews (good and bad) on products they have used and tested. Their bias is based on their experience. They're good folks!
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Sorry but just had to correct this, Borla systems use T304 stainless steel, and pretty much all the "top shelf" companies do as well, including AWE.
We actually use T304L which has a lower carbon content and is much more corrosion resistant at the welds than T304.

Honda Civic 10th gen Exhaust advice Nbc_the_more_you_know

?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An elite sponsor dropped in quick right behind me to attempt to capture $$$. Don't be fooled. Probably for a reason. How long has Borla been around? They use air craft my grade alliumm. Compare and contrast carefully.
Hey there, welcome to the forum firstly - I haven't spoken or seen you before myself personally so a customary greeting is right :)

I am the owner and founder of Unity Performance, and before that people have known me via this profile providing objective findings of my own based on my own testing. If you've had a look at my build thread, or my partner @Thusee's build thread, we've been extensively testing parts for over 3 years now on the 10th Gen platform, well before I founded the brand. Unity Performance spawned from folks asking me where to get parts from that I have on my build as I started hosting group buys, which kept getting bigger and bigger until I needed a website to manage it all, and a business number to pay taxes.

I respect this community to the extent I kept Unity Performance a completely silent venture until I became a rightful paying vendor; elsewhere on Facebook and Instagram Unity Performance was already well-known. Of course a few friends on here started recognizing that it's me, and tagging but I kept silent because there was NO "attempt to capture $$$" ever. Furthermore, advertising cost wasn't the issue since Day 1; I only joined CivicX when I felt I could share that I had more legitimate presence at an actual shop, rather than working out of home. You are more than welcome to read about my story below, but I just want to be very clear that your opinion of our post giving AWE a +1 is unfounded. I've had 4 different exhaust systems on my car alone, and driven enough Si's to cover nearly all 10th Gen Si exhaust systems available - to conclude that AWE is my personal favorite on the 10th Gen Si is based off real world experience. 27won is my close runner-up, and in some cases I enjoy swapping cars with @Thusee to hear his car.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...adiaegeanblues-brand-unity-performance.56658/

Let's get back to the topic of exhaust systems. Firstly, a Catback system nothing to do with CARB as it doesn't modify the emissions system. Not Borla, not AWE are concerned with that. Trust me, I'm a big Borla fan too having had a custom exhaust with a Borla muffler on my last car, and having had the pleasure to meet with David Borla in a one-on-one meeting I can say he's a great figure in the industry. However, AWE just mastered the tone better in my opinion, and that's all we had to say in our post. Many years ago I toured the AWE facility at their old location, and first-hand saw the passion everyone in the company exudes for their products. Once I got the AWE Si Exhaust System on my own car and got some seat time, there was no doubt I wanted this system on my site.

On the Hatch, we just may add Borla to our site because we're testing it with a local, and so far so good - we already tested the Greddy SP with a local, we liked it so we added it. Everything on our site is handpicked by me, and if I wouldn't put it on my own car, I wouldn't sell it.

@bugboy32337 thanks for jumping in buddy, yourself and everyone make this forum a great place to be! @COOL COUPE I hope you have a better understanding of what my brand represents, and are able to change your tone about forum sponsors, especially if they have a proven track record.

Cheers,

Humza

Last edited:
OP
OP
BWSI

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
MAP Street (or Stealth if you want it more on quieter side). I don’t live in Cali so not sure about sound rules. With DP, the street might be too loud for Cali.

MAP has them up on eBay right now, which means you can finance with PayPal credit over 24 months if you want. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAPerforma...-/373222895020?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
I actually just started researching the street and stealth exhausts since you guys recommended it. Love the sound, but both the street and stealth are negative in the power gains ?

I am leaning Invidia ?

https://dsportmag.com/category/the-tech/showcase/

OP
OP
BWSI

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
+1 with everyone recommending the AWE touring catback. It sounds absolutely great, and the touring has a custom bespoke muffler made for the exhaust, which minimizes any drone. Also, seeing as how you are worried the triple tips would draw too much attention, they are offered in a 2 tip variant as well! You can find the exhaust here: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si/products/awe-tuning-exhaust-2017-civic-si
We have been running the AWE Touring on our Blue Si for a while now, and it is easily our favourite exhaust for the Si out of all the options available! The tone is unbeatable!
Awe sounds great, and the duel tips are perfect for blending in, but what also matters here in California is the decibel level. Our cars can’t be over 95 decibels or we can get pulled over for a 1000 fine and subject to evaluation and approval by the state ref. Same issue I have with a cold air intake. I would do the PRL cobra, but I live an area where they frequently pull cars over. Trying to stay legal so my car stays on the road. Do you know the decibel level for the awe?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Borla has been really good for me. Not obnoxious at all. I still have my stock dp/fp so that helps. It does sound a lot more sporty and you get burbles when letting off the throttle. I got the one with the black tips (which I’m sure would also look good with your white Si). The install is also very easy. You can adjust how far you want your muffler to stick out. After having it on for almost a year, I’m very happy. I also live in CA.

Welcome! I’m sure whatever exhaust you go with will be a solid buy. Just preference.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Awe sounds great, and the duel tips are perfect for blending in, but what also matters here in California is the decibel level. Our cars can’t be over 95 decibels or we can get pulled over for a 1000 fine and subject to evaluation and approval by the state ref. Same issue I have with a cold air intake. I would do the PRL cobra, but I live an area where they frequently pull cars over. Trying to stay legal so my car stays on the road. Do you know the decibel level for the awe?
With an aftermarket catted DP mated to the AWE Touring Catback on our Blue Si, I've measured my Sis's cabin decibel level at 76DB while traveling at 75mph / 120kmh. It's personally right at the limit where I would be comfortable in a daily driver. Note: the addition of any downpipe plays a huge role in the decibel level - the number would be below 70DB if I had the factory downpipe, or slightly more if it was a Catless DP.

My general recommendation for a daily driver is to always go Touring if you have added an aftermarket Downpipe. To really drive the point home about how much difference adding the DP makes to the Si, the AWE Track Exhaust is quieter with a stock downpipe than the Touring system with an aftermarket DP. Hope that helps :)

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking to upgrade the exhaust. I want deep, but not loud, with no drone on the highway. Any advice on which cat back exhaust to get that won’t get me pulled over. I live in Cali and don’t want to have to worry about getting state reffed. I like the invidia, but not sure if the triple tips will draw attention??‍♂.
the invidia from what ive been told is a nice subtle exhaust but if you get a down pipe it gets stupid loud and sounds bad (to me that is)

ive been wanting exhaust for my coupe as well and ive been between awe and invidia and borla. awe i would like for if i get a downpipe down the line and want to get more power. while invidia i would get if i dont plan to get a downpipe and plan to keep it more subtle and borla to bring out my inner ricer lmao

borla has a more race car sound? to me at least borla is loud and obnoxious but fun in its own right it just depends do you wish to go to the rice fields? if so ill welcome you im already there with my truck ? (this coming from someone that has the borla s type muffler and axle dump on a truck lol)

OP
OP
BWSI

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
the invidia from what ive been told is a nice subtle exhaust but if you get a down pipe it gets stupid loud and sounds bad (to me that is)

ive been wanting exhaust for my coupe as well and ive been between awe and invidia and borla. awe i would like for if i get a downpipe down the line and want to get more power. while invidia i would get if i dont plan to get a downpipe and plan to keep it more subtle and borla to bring out my inner ricer lmao

borla has a more race car sound? to me at least borla is loud and obnoxious but fun in its own right it just depends do you wish to go to the rice fields? if so ill welcome you im already there with my truck ? (this coming from someone that has the borla s type muffler and axle dump on a truck lol)
Borla was actually the first exhaust I looked into, but I didn’t really like the tone. HKS, invidia, MAP street, and AWE seem to have the deeper tones I am looking for ?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Borla was actually the first exhaust I looked into, but I didn’t really like the tone. HKS, invidia, MAP street, and AWE seem to have the deeper tones I am looking for ?
If you are wanting a deeper tone map, awe and invidia have a nice deep sound from what I’ve heard

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
AWE exhaust has a built in front pipe too, so the price for those makes sense. You basically just have to get a downpipe after and don’t have to worry about getting both frontpipe and downpipe. Seems like the best way to go unless you really like the sound of something else.

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Just throwing out another option... just reuse the stock piping and change out the muffler section. Don't know if thats possible in Cali cause of the laws, but here in OH pretty easy to find a shop to do the work. Vibrant makes a nice muffler and resonator combo that sounds really good and deep IMO... you can find clips on youtube, just search for "vibrant civic si". You can even keep the stock resonator and have 2 resonators and a muffler if you want to keep it as quiet as possible but still more than stock.

This is also one of the cheapest options and what I did to my SI. The muffler and resonator are about $200 and then just pay labor to weld everything in place. I also reused the stock HDMI tip so theres the "blend in" factor too.

OP
OP
BWSI

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just throwing out another option... just reuse the stock piping and change out the muffler section. Don't know if thats possible in Cali cause of the laws, but here in OH pretty easy to find a shop to do the work. Vibrant makes a nice muffler and resonator combo that sounds really good and deep IMO... you can find clips on youtube, just search for "vibrant civic si". You can even keep the stock resonator and have 2 resonators and a muffler if you want to keep it as quiet as possible but still more than stock.

This is also one of the cheapest options and what I did to my SI. The muffler and resonator are about $200 and then just pay labor to weld everything in place. I also reused the stock HDMI tip so theres the "blend in" factor too.
Indefinitely would do this if I could. I’ve seen a bunch of people remove the mufflers and do the duel resonators. Great tone. I just need the option of going back to stock if I get pulled over.
Sponsored