Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to add, Exedy has stated that there is a 25% safety margin built in, so the stage 1 rated at 235 ft/lbs should be good up to 290 ft/lbs.
That must be why they said stage 2 should hold my power goals. By that math stage 2 should hold 318 ft/lbs
Sponsored

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That must be why they said stage 2 should hold my power goals. By that math stage 2 should hold 318 ft/lbs
Yeah you should be good, if not let us know lol. Glad the chatter is at a minimum! Let’s see how Exedy does by the community. I’ll tell you, if I can get this high rpm lockout issue resolved, I’ll definitely be happy with them!

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Seems odd to me that the stage 2 is barely stronger than the stage 1. These clutch options for the 10th gen make my head hurt. WHY CAN'T SOMEONE PRODUCE AN AFFORDABLE QUALITY AFTERMARKET CLUTCH W/O THESE ISSUES THAT SEEM TO PLAGUE EVERY OPTION!! :banghead:

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
That’s awesome! I’m glad your trying it out! I’m curious to see the longevity of these clutches. Do you happen to notice any chatter?

Im running their stage 1 w the stock dmf and am saddened to report that Im experiencing high rpm lock out.. ive been reading changing the cmc to a kzcmc may help but it’s not for sure. Kinda bummed out since I kept the original dmf thinking it wouldn’t have any issue. Thinking it could also need a pedal adjustment but not sure. I’m taking it to the dealer Monday (while it’s still under warranty) and see if they can figure it out. If not, I’ll try and fix it later on.
Most often high rev lock out means the pedal is it Ajuster properly

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Most often high rev lock out means the pedal is it Ajuster properly
Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to look into how to adjust the pedal a bit to see if that helps. I was messing with it this weekend it, and I noticed if I really press in the clutch and wait about a second, it helps engage the next gear. It’s just when I try to be quick with the shift in a high rev, that it will initially block me out.

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to look into how to adjust the pedal a bit to see if that helps. I was messing with it this weekend it, and I noticed if I really press in the clutch and wait about a second, it helps engage the next gear. It’s just when I try to be quick with the shift in a high rev, that it will initially block me out.
Under full throttle does the car accelerate smoothly. If not that can be a sign that the pedal is not Adjusted properly also

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Under full throttle does the car accelerate smoothly. If not that can be a sign that the pedal is not Adjusted properly also
Yeah it accelerates smooth. It’s just when I’m going near redline and shifting that it’s reluctant to go into the next gear. I never had the issue before changing the clutch. Definitely going to figure out how to adjust the pedal a bit. Other than that, the car drives like it did on the stock clutch.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I got the action clutch stage 3 with light weight flywheel and I haven’t gotten a lockout yet (knock on wood).
From my understanding, the lockout is usually triggered from aggressive shifting at/near redline. Is your clutch already broken in? Any CMC mods?

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
From my understanding, the lockout is usually triggered from aggressive shifting at/near redline. Is your clutch already broken in? Any CMC mods?
I broke it in for the 500 miles and did a wot pull from 4th-5th gear and no lockout. I have to do it again sometime but I’m worried about all the horror story’s of the transmissions breaking.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
es smooth. It’s just when I’m going near redline and shifting that it’s reluctant to go into the next gear. I never had the issue before changing the clutch. Definitely going to figure out how to adjust the pedal a bit. Other than that, the
I’m excited to see someone trying the exedy. I was really on the fence myself and went with the competition
Which one do you have?
Sponsored