Excessive white smoke from exhaust

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
This thread is all speculation without pics / video. An open exhaust allows way more vapor out than a catted exhaust will. It’s possible that it’s entirely normal if it’s cold where OP is…
Sponsored

Waleed94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic LX sedan
Country flag
Is it possible the aftermarket exhaust was coated in oil or cosmoline to keep it from rusting during shipping and storage?

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same excessive white smoke when I first installed the PRL downpipe, mines was the dealership, who put too much oil in my car, once I changed the oil myself and put the correct amount, the smoke seemed to go away. It went away after about 1 week but there was so many variables at the time I don’t know what actually caused it to stop.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
This thread is all speculation without pics / video. An open exhaust allows way more vapor out than a catted exhaust will. It’s possible that it’s entirely normal if it’s cold where OP is…
Having lived in the cold around big/open exhausts… No. You get some condensation burning off after a cold start, but nothing you’d really notice.

I had the same excessive white smoke when I first installed the PRL downpipe, mines was the dealership, who put too much oil in my car, once I changed the oil myself and put the correct amount, the smoke seemed to go away. It went away after about 1 week but there was so many variables at the time I don’t know what actually caused it to stop.
Same here. Oil smoke would be bluish. If anything it was some sort of coating on the inside of the pipe that was burning off. Like you say, that goes away, though…

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Having lived in the cold around big/open exhausts… No. You get some condensation burning off after a cold start, but nothing you’d really notice.
Same - my experience differs. Still can’t help op if we have no idea what his “smoking like a train” looks like. Condensation doesn’t burn off, a motor produces moisture as part of the combustion byproducts.
Sponsored