RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
Hey all, I’ve had a torque solutions rmm installed for a few months now but in the past week or so there’s been a different sounding vibration that I can’t seem to diagnose. I’m used to the original vibration upon initial acceleration but now there’s a deeper tone that seems to be coming from around the glove box. It happens at the same acceleration point and with the blower fan on but never really in the morning just later in the day. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Hey all, I’ve had a torque solutions rmm installed for a few months now but in the past week or so there’s been a different sounding vibration that I can’t seem to diagnose. I’m used to the original vibration upon initial acceleration but now there’s a deeper tone that seems to be coming from around the glove box. It happens at the same acceleration point and with the blower fan on but never really in the morning just later in the day. Anyone have any thoughts?
No way around it bud. Some say they break in. Maybe give it some time and see if it calms down.

This was not the case for me with over 2 years and 20k miles with my hasport.

I personally cant stand that vibration and cant help but think long term effects of shaking the dash and all the components mounted to the firewall...

OP
OP

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
No way around it bud. Some say they break in. Maybe give it some time and see if it calms down.

This was not the case for me with over 2 years and 20k miles with my hasport.

I personally cant stand that vibration and cant help but think long term effects of shaking the dash and all the components mounted to the firewall...
I don’t mind the vibration and it’s been broken in, 8k+ miles this is just a new tone I haven’t heard before

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recheck and see if its torque'd down to the right specs. I know I had to re-torque my 27won RMM after about 8 months of it being on. Albeit it has seen 2 track events and 2 drag events and some fun cruising. After retorquing it down, the added vibrations and sound went away.

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag
Recheck and see if its torque'd down to the right specs. I know I had to re-torque my 27won RMM after about 8 months of it being on. Albeit it has seen 2 track events and 2 drag events and some fun cruising. After retorquing it down, the added vibrations and sound went away.
I was thinking about getting the 27won RMM, and granted I only have Hondata + PRL CAI Street, do you notice a difference for having the RMM?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking about getting the 27won RMM, and granted I only have Hondata + PRL CAI Street, do you notice a difference for having the RMM?
Oh yeah... RMM definitely changes things. Added NVH for sure but I'll take that over wheel hop and better power to the ground. I have heavily modified my car. FBO + w1 turbo + e85 blend + custom tune so I needed an upgraded mount for sure.
Sponsored