Excessive suspension noise

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
i just bought the car 3 months ago and only have 1,400 miles on it but every time I go over a speed bump my suspension sounds like it’s moving all over the place. I work for Tenneco automotive and I make shocks so I know a thing or two about squeaky shocks which are due to comtaimination. Even with the radio on I can hear the shocks and springs shifting which started up recently. Is this normal due to cost efficiency or could I have something loose in the suspension? My factory has a speed bump in the lot so I can clearly hear it every day. Should I get it checked out? Not sure if they will fight me for a warranty inspection but I should get it checked for free.
Sponsored

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
i just bought the car 3 months ago and only have 1,400 miles on it but every time I go over a speed bump my suspension sounds like it’s moving all over the place. I work for Tenneco automotive and I make shocks so I know a thing or two about squeaky shocks which are due to comtaimination. Even with the radio on I can hear the shocks and springs shifting which started up recently. Is this normal due to cost efficiency or could I have something loose in the suspension? My factory has a speed bump in the lot so I can clearly hear it every day. Should I get it checked out? Not sure if they will fight me for a warranty inspection but I should get it checked for free.
Do you have an SI?
Is it happening only on cold weather?

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Do you have an SI?
Is it happening only on cold weather?
I guess it could be happening cold weather only. Only noticed it yesterday and today and it’s been 20 degrees out.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Ok îm asking that because the SI have issue with noise from the rear suspension in very cold weather (in my case -10d celcius).
In your case it may be different cause
Sponsored