Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
why didn't you just buy an ex-t? wouldn't it have been the same price as all that stuff added except no labor and you get a new engine, 17 inch wheels, and a moon roof?
moon roof comes as standard for Ex, heated seat and dual zone climate control comes with Ex-t though.

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
But no wing spoiler. I was kind of worried about the maintenance later years for turbo engine or maybe I was wrong
I wanted the wing spoiler too, but if I wanted it that bad, I would have just traded my trunk with someone else who owns an Ex or Lx to avoid the holes. I'm pretty sure most of them would like a free deckled spoiler if they never intended to get the wing spoiler. As for the turbo engine point, I completely understand where your coming from. I had to do a lot of research. There was some information that pointed that the turbo engine was just as good if not better, but still, you never know. I took the risk because honda civics, as we all probably know, are known for being very reliable (and popular) and I don't believe honda would try something new on the Civic and not make sure it could carry that legacy. But ya, it really comes down to if your could sleep at night knowing your choice.

moon roof comes as standard for Ex, heated seat and dual zone climate control comes with Ex-t though.
O ya forgot. But still, that's a lot of stuff still that your not getting. Hopefully you were able to get a very good deal on your Ex.

Pchilnsf415

Fog light I would say is not hard to install but to install the fog light you need take the front bumper off, which requires some patient and work. You need Philips screw driver, 10mm socket and 5mm hex wrench to take the bumper off. The kit comes with a fog light controller integrated into the left lever, you need replace the existing one with the new one, this replacement is not hard tough.

IMG_2195.JPG
Thank you for the response back. Just a quick question. When you buy the fog lights does it come with the grille pieces as well as they look different then the ones on the EX?

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Yes, the kit comes with lever that has fog light switch on it, two fog lights, two grills for the fog light and wire harness. After installation , you gonna have your old grills and lever as spare parts
Thank you for the response back. Just a quick question. When you buy the fog lights does it come with the grille pieces as well as they look different then the ones on the EX?

Last edited:

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
The fog lights $215, wing spoiler $257 side molding $140 door edge guard $55 auto dim rearview mirror $149 and shark fin $56 total plus shipping, around $900. I DIY myself so no labor was charged~~

fog lights/ wing spoiler /side modling/door edge guard from here http://www.accessories-honda.com/honda-civic-2016-sedan-exterior-c-23_364_366.html
FYI shark fin part number 39150-TBA-A01ZD from hondapartsnetwork.com
Auto dim rear view mirror from handa-accessories.com
Oh I didn't think about going that route to ordering a shark fin! Im gonna get one now!

Also, disconnect your inside brake light, it looks better without it ^_^

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Oh I didn't think about going that route to ordering a shark fin! Im gonna get one now!

Make sure you get the right color code. this one is modern steel metallic

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex

and also you need some work to get the antenna out of the shark fin, be patient, the rubber base can only be glued use 3M 4799. Good luck with it.

S.D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic sedan modern steel EX-T
and also you need some work to get the antenna out of the shark fin, be patient, the rubber base can only be glued use 3M 4799. Good luck with it.
So the antenna is basically useless? what is 3m 4799? i am thinking of installing the shark fin. please help.

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
So the antenna is basically useless? what is 3m 4799? i am thinking of installing the shark fin. please help.
see my photo here, the part comes with shark fin and antenna glued together, the antenna is hiding inside the shark fin, you need to take the antenna out before stick the shark fin to the top of your car. there is a rubber base(shown on photo) come with the shark fin as well, after taking the antenna out, you need glue this base on to the bottom of the shark fin. Use 3M 4799 glue(Amazon has it https://www.amazon.com/3M-Black-Ind...e=UTF8&qid=1467845962&sr=8-1&keywords=3M+4799) to do this job, this is the only glue that bond EPDM rubber like this, other glue will not work. After that, you can stick the shark fin on top of your car using 3m 4799 as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2201.JPG

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
The shark fin is for decoration only, it's going to be a lot more work to make the antenna useful.

S.D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic sedan modern steel EX-T
see my photo here, the part comes with shark fin and antenna glued together, the antenna is hiding inside the shark fin, you need to take the antenna out before stick the shark fin to the top of your car. there is a rubber base(shown on photo) come with the shark fin as well, after taking the antenna out, you need glue this base on to the bottom of the shark fin. Use 3M 4799 glue(Amazon has it https://www.amazon.com/3M-Black-Ind...e=UTF8&qid=1467845962&sr=8-1&keywords=3M+4799) to do this job, this is the only glue that bond EPDM rubber like this, other glue will not work. After that, you can stick the shark fin on top of your car using 3m 4799 as well.

IMG_2201.JPG
Thanks for the reply but why do you have to take the antenna out if its inside the fin? cant you just leave it there?
Sponsored