Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Hi guys, just installed wing spoiler, fog lights, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror and shark fin(decoration only) by myself on my 2016 civic EX, took me a couple of days to finish the job. I would happy to answer any question you may have installing these addons.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1868.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1873.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1874.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1911.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1912.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1914.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_1919.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2134f

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2139F

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2143.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2145.JPG

View attachment 14354

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2159.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2174.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_5026.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

danlevy.ny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Thanks for posting! How difficult was that spoiler install? I'm personally not going to do it but I was curious if all the wiring was there already.

Pchilnsf415

Looks great.How do you turn on the fog lights?Were they difficult to install?

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Thanks for posting! How difficult was that spoiler install? I'm personally not going to do it but I was curious if all the wiring was there already.
Spoiler is not difficult to install as long as you drilled the right hole at the right place. the kit comes with a template which tells you exactly where to drill, four 8mm holes and one 10mm hole. see attached. But remember to apply touch up paint multiple times to cover the metal edge up, by doing this, the trunk lid won't get corroded by water in the future. The spoiler comes with a wiring harness. The instruction says unplug the high break light harness and plug in the spoiler light harness instead, I spliced the wire and connected both of them so I won't lose my high break light~~

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2197.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2198.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2199.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2200.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_5022.JPG

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Looks great.How do you turn on the fog lights?Were they difficult to install?
Fog light I would say is not hard to install but to install the fog light you need take the front bumper off, which requires some patient and work. You need Philips screw driver, 10mm socket and 5mm hex wrench to take the bumper off. The kit comes with a fog light controller integrated into the left lever, you need replace the existing one with the new one, this replacement is not hard tough.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2195.JPG

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Spoiler is not difficult to install as long as you drilled the right hole at the right place. the kit comes with a template which tells you exactly where to drill, four 8mm holes and one 10mm hole. see attached. But remember to apply touch up paint multiple times to cover the metal edge up, by doing this, the trunk lid won't get corroded by water in the future. The spoiler comes with a wiring harness. The instruction says unplug the high break light harness and plug in the spoiler light harness instead, I spliced the wire and connected both of them so I won't lose my high break light~~

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG
That looks amazing!! The fin really sets it apart from all the rest. Awesome job! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for all the additions you made?

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
How do you turn fog lights on in an EX when it doesn't have the place for it on the stick?

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
That looks amazing!! The fin really sets it apart from all the rest. Awesome job! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for all the additions you made?
The fog lights $215, wing spoiler $257 side molding $140 door edge guard $55 auto dim rearview mirror $149 and shark fin $56 total plus shipping, around $900. I DIY myself so no labor was charged~~

fog lights/ wing spoiler /side modling/door edge guard from here http://www.accessories-honda.com/honda-civic-2016-sedan-exterior-c-23_364_366.html
FYI shark fin part number 39150-TBA-A01ZD from hondapartsnetwork.com
Auto dim rear view mirror from handa-accessories.com

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
How do you turn fog lights on in an EX when it doesn't have the place for it on the stick?
Like I said in the previous reply there is a new leveler comes with the fog light installation kit. This lever has the fog light switch, you need replace the one you have with this new one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2195.JPG

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
a little bit more about the fin which is my favorite, the part comes with antenna and PCB glued on it, you need tear the antenna and PCB out, then use 3M 4799(available on amazon) to glue the EPDM rubber base on it. No gorilla glue, no ** weld, only 4799 does the work for EPDM rubber.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-wing spoiler, side molding, auto dim rearview mirror, shark fin and fog lights added IMG_2201.JPG

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm jealous of your spoiler, wish I could get one without having to have the existing holes patched. Looks great!

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
I'm jealous of your spoiler, wish I could get one without having to have the existing holes patched. Looks great!
8 holes for the lid spoiler is definitely an overkill. you may find someone wants to switch the trunk lid with you.

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
The fog lights $215, wing spoiler $257 side molding $140 door edge guard $55 auto dim rearview mirror $149 and shark fin $56 total plus shipping, around $900. I DIY myself so no labor was charged~~

fog lights/ wing spoiler /side modling/door edge guard from here http://www.accessories-honda.com/honda-civic-2016-sedan-exterior-c-23_364_366.html
FYI shark fin part number 39150-TBA-A01ZD from hondapartsnetwork.com
Auto dim rear view mirror from handa-accessories.com
Small price to pay for making your car look like a million bucks! Good job!!

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
why didn't you just buy an ex-t? wouldn't it have been the same price as all that stuff added except no labor and you get a new engine, 17 inch wheels, and a moon roof?

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
why didn't you just buy an ex-t? wouldn't it have been the same price as all that stuff added except no labor and you get a new engine, 17 inch wheels, and a moon roof?
But no wing spoiler. I was kind of worried about the maintenance later years for turbo engine or maybe I was wrong
Sponsored