EX-T subwoofer install???

jdubau55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T MSM
Country flag
Can anyone comment on whether there is a place in the rear deck for a sub? I know this is the location for the stock sub. Do the lower level models have the cutout in the deck? Not really looking to take up trunk space, but wouldn't mind some extra bass. A smaller sub and amp could add just enough extra punch to the tunes. Anyone have any recommendations for sub model?
Sponsored

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I just bought a underseat powered sub and now realize I have no place to tap in. There is not a single explanation of how to get behind the head unit on the entire web. I didn't realize you could no longer purchase service manuals either. Might have to pay someone to install it.

FKD6MTLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT, 1994 Toyota MR2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone comment on whether there is a place in the rear deck for a sub? I know this is the location for the stock sub. Do the lower level models have the cutout in the deck? Not really looking to take up trunk space, but wouldn't mind some extra bass. A smaller sub and amp could add just enough extra punch to the tunes. Anyone have any recommendations for sub model?
The rear decks on the LX and EX without the subwoofer are solid, so you would have to do some cutting in order to mount a sub back there. Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T subwoofer install??? IMG_20160228_173453

FKD6MTLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT, 1994 Toyota MR2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought a underseat powered sub and now realize I have no place to tap in. There is not a single explanation of how to get behind the head unit on the entire web. I didn't realize you could no longer purchase service manuals either. Might have to pay someone to install it.
It's actually pretty easy to remove the head unit. Just use a plastic panel removal tool to remove the side panels on the console. Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T subwoofer install??? IMG_20160305_171326 Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T subwoofer install??? IMG_20160305_172025
After you have those off, the HVAC control panel just pops off. Then you remove one screw on each side of the radio and the rest is just clips holding it in. You can reach under the head unit and give it a firm tug to remove it. Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T subwoofer install??? IMG_20160305_174522

OP
OP

jdubau55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T MSM
Country flag
It's actually pretty easy to remove the head unit. Just use a plastic panel removal tool to remove the side panels on the console.
After you have those off, the HVAC control panel just pops off. Then you remove one screw on each side of the radio and the rest is just clips holding it in. You can reach under the head unit and give it a firm tug to remove it.
The higher end models are different because they have a different head unit.

OP
OP

jdubau55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T MSM
Country flag
Use the rear speakers. Wires should be easy to tap into and hide under the door sills. High level input into the amplifier. I did this on my Yaris. Worked fine. They make converters or some amps have the connector included\built in.

If you've never used this method it's just taking the audio signal from say the rear speakers and sharing it with the amplifier to get the audio signal.
Sponsored