Ex-t shifter console removal help please.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I searched and couldn’t find anything. I don’t want to break pieces by just yanking on them but can anyone give me the 411 on disassembly of the fb shifter console? I’m sure it’s suoer easy and a 10 minute job but I have no balls. Such as taking off the shifter knob and plastics and in what order?

I just want to replace some scratches up and faded parts from me running out fine scratched in the past. All the parts are inexpensive online and I wanna get started. This is why I posted this question in the interior cosmetic section.

Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-t shifter console removal help please. 03198622-C577-41D2-BA23-5D977C14877F
Sponsored

Last edited:

Preacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
To get the shifter knob off you have to feel for 2 clips on each side of the shifter just beneath the chrome ring under the boot (marked by those 2 small points on each side of the chrome ring). the clips are not huge but you'll find them. While squeezing these clips pull down on the chrome ring. it may take a little doing but once you have the ring pushed down there are 2 phillips crews on the backside facing the radio. remove those screws and the knob will slide off.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another option is to check the DIY section for stereo removal or interior Vinyl install. Both projects have to remove parts from the shifter console area.
Sponsored