kianmajski

First Name
Kian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
so recently the radio was completely software bricked in my 2016 EX-T. I had luck previously with both swapping ac controls and the screen itself from ebay parts. I purchased a new radio from a touring trim civic, upon install, it all works just no sound.
i’m thinking definitely issue with having no amp or sub connected to it. but if anyone has any tips on what to do besides cut my losses. let me know?
Sponsored

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
so recently the radio was completely software bricked in my 2016 EX-T. I had luck previously with both swapping ac controls and the screen itself from ebay parts. I purchased a new radio from a touring trim civic, upon install, it all works just no sound.
i’m thinking definitely issue with having no amp or sub connected to it. but if anyone has any tips on what to do besides cut my losses. let me know?
Yea, the actual Headunit is basically a preamp. Everything from it is sent digitally (spdif) to the factory amp, then from the amp it gets processed, eq'ed (horribly), bandpass filters applied, then sent out to each respective speaker.

There's alot going on behind the scenes ?

OP
OP

kianmajski

First Name
Kian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
i’ve had this on my screen for 2 months. zero response to anything. unplugged the damn battery for a whole weekend while i was out of town. dealership can’t give me any answers, and quoted me $2,500 for a new “audio unit”
Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T HU swapped for Touring HU image

i know the 10th gen has electrical issues, but i didn’t think i would have door locks, automatic headlights, keyless entry, and all interior illumination go out in a damn day.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag

Does your old radio power on?? How did it become software bricked?? If it was Honda Hacked, there's a way to recover it if it was bricked, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

What exactly did you change?? All those systems going out, seem strange.

OP
OP

kianmajski

First Name
Kian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Does your old radio power on?? How did it become software bricked?? If it was Honda Hacked, there's a way to recover it if it was bricked, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

What exactly did you change?? All those systems going out, seem strange.
nothing has been changed, the radio has been removed but it was put back in. it bricked randomly one day when i plugged my phone into the usb port. it just flashed, and ever since then it’s been claiming to try and update.

and can you elaborate on how to recover it. it did have honda hack on it.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
nothing has been changed, the radio has been removed but it was put back in. it bricked randomly one day when i plugged my phone into the usb port. it just flashed, and ever since then it’s been claiming to try and update.

and can you elaborate on how to recover it. it did have honda hack on it.

Sure bud. Yea, I'm running honda hack as well, and sometimes it can and does get stuck on that recovery screen. But, you just have to let it sit with the car off for atleast 30 mins or more, for it to reset.

But, if its totally stuck. You can try this tutorial to recover it: http://www.autohack.org/how-to-recover-your-system-if-it-fails-to-start/

I've never needed to do it, but if u need help, I can try to walk you through it.

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the back of your new and old headunits look the same? Headunits that do not have a built-in amplifier have an additional connector located on the back of the headunit almost directly in the center.

OP
OP

kianmajski

First Name
Kian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Sure bud. Yea, I'm running honda hack as well, and sometimes it can and does get stuck on that recovery screen. But, you just have to let it sit with the car off for atleast 30 mins or more, for it to reset.

But, if its totally stuck. You can try this tutorial to recover it: http://www.autohack.org/how-to-recover-your-system-if-it-fails-to-start/

I've never needed to do it, but if u need help, I can try to walk you through it.
so i have already tried the usb trick with no luck. i have it in the car with me, and time to time i just plug it in hoping. but it just hasn’t worked.

does anyone know how or if there is a way to connect the unit to a laptop. it’s just running android, so i atleast look and see what’s wrong. maybe potentially recover it.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
so i have already tried the usb trick with no luck. i have it in the car with me, and time to time i just plug it in hoping. but it just hasn’t worked.

does anyone know how or if there is a way to connect the unit to a laptop. it’s just running android, so i atleast look and see what’s wrong. maybe potentially recover it.
You might be able to adb into it and push the recovery to the radio that way. I'm not 100% if it will connect, but it couldn't hurt right?? You might have better luck trying in the autohack thread in xda.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/how-to-establish-an-adb-connection-us-models.12479/

Or

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...onda-civic-and-now-root-install-apps.3621582/

OP
OP

kianmajski

First Name
Kian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
this right here, is what we call a temporary solution. weather is below 20, and it’s too damn cold to be working on interior shit like this.

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T HU swapped for Touring HU B78DE93D-5CEE-4491-A653-2DB4D4B291B8

elvisnaite

First Name
Elvisnaite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2.0 2017 (South America Model)
Country flag
You'll need touring amplifier too. or try install another amp, perhaps work.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you ever get this figured out? I have an extra back of the headunit, it just needs a screen. I bought a screen and it came with it. I broke my screen and just needed the screen. I've never actually tested to see if it works.
Sponsored