EX-T Cloth Seats - Lower Back Pain?

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hello! I've recently been getting some pretty serious lower back pain driving around. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in the car which I'm sure doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if anyone had any suggestions about what I can do? Maybe some kind of pillow or lumbar support add-on? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
I had a car accident in 2014 and never fully recovered. My civic is the first car that DOESN'T give me general back pain after driving. It was a big selling point of the car for me (besides the turbo).

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
How do you sit in the seat? I have my seat reclined most of the time, and have not experienced and discomfort. My longest drive has only been about an hour. Taking a 2/3 hour trip next month, so should get a better feel for long distant drives than.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! I've recently been getting some pretty serious lower back pain driving around. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in the car which I'm sure doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if anyone had any suggestions about what I can do? Maybe some kind of pillow or lumbar support add-on? Thanks in advance!
I have experienced some lower back pain as well, feels to me like there isn't enough lower support and I also sometimes feel my ass going numb lol. I've tried countless positions and it seems very hard to get into a comfortable driving position.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Woulda been nice if they included lumbar support, no reason not to. The seats are firm, but I haven't had issues yet.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Woulda been nice if they included lumbar support, no reason not to. The seats are firm, but I haven't had issues yet.
I did sit in a touring and felt that those seats were much more supportive..

OP
OP

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
How do you sit in the seat? I have my seat reclined most of the time, and have not experienced and discomfort. My longest drive has only been about an hour. Taking a 2/3 hour trip next month, so should get a better feel for long distant drives than.
I sit with the seat slightly reclined but sit pretty upright. I'm thinking of trying one of those pillows for lumbar support. I came from a Lexus IS250 which I could sit in that seat for hours and be comfortable.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
I sit with the seat slightly reclined but sit pretty upright. I'm thinking of trying one of those pillows for lumbar support. I came from a Lexus IS250 which I could sit in that seat for hours and be comfortable.
I know what you mean. I'm coming from the ES, which was much more comfortable. Than again not many vehicles are as comfortable as Lexus

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from my 09 focus when I first sat in the seat I was like wow theses seats are comfy. Haven't taken any long drives yet but for short trips I get no back pain.

(Touring by the way)

goodra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I drive with my seat pretty upright (or else i have no upper back support) and go on 6 hour drives quite often. There is definitely lower back pain.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I had some pretty serious back pain the week after I got my civic. Didn't even think it was related but due to my discomfort I adjusted my seat position. A couple of massage appointments fixed my back and the pain has not returned but I've kept my seat in the same position now and the pain hasn't returned so I'm unsure if it's even related.

You made me question it tho... Maybe my first seating position was the problem?

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Leather seats in a Touring here and I find the seats very comfortable despite minor lower back issues. 18,000 km (11,000 miles) so far and I've taken six seven-hour trips to date and got to my destination feeling better than when I started the trip. I do have a habit of re-adjusting the seat every hour or so just to change my seating position.

ctdemonet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
LX cloth seats here. My brother and I definitely complain of back pain/low back pain driving the Civic, extended drives or not. I don't think it's a positional issue cause I rarely change the seat, just minor taps vertically and occasionally the lean. Sometimes I get back pain, sometimes I don't. Other times it's just general discomfort with legs, back, etc.

Seats definitely leave some to be desired

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
It must really vary from person to person. We've taken multiple 3 hour trips in our EX, and neither my wife or I have noticed any back pain.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
It must really vary from person to person. We've taken multiple 3 hour trips in our EX, and neither my wife or I have noticed any back pain.
Most likely the case. I have never experienced back pain in any car. Even on long distance trips (500-1500 miles), I will get leg discomfort but really no issues with my back. I also know I am very lucky to not have back pain issues. I am only 30yo, so that will probably change with time.
Sponsored