EX-T Cloth Seats - Lower Back Pain?

anth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic lx
Hello! I've recently been getting some pretty serious lower back pain driving around. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in the car which I'm sure doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if anyone had any suggestions about what I can do? Maybe some kind of pillow or lumbar support add-on? Thanks in advance!
Have you been able to find any relief to this problem? I have been experiencing the same thing. Cloth seats here

OP
OP

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Honestly, I think the pain might have just been my back. After a few more months I have zero back pain driving the Civic.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX Sensing
I have a 2016 EX since May and have noticed lower back pain occur ever so gradually until I had spasms. Feels like something is inside my body in that area. Even had PT for 12 sessions and wouldn't go away. Am 100% convinced it's the car because I never had any sort of back issues. Took my wife's car 1 day and pain went away 80%. Subsequent days even better. Went back in the Civix with a small soft pillow for lumbar and helped but did get some pain back. Also remember getting discomfort driving it off the the lot 1st day but thought I adjusted but it discomfort or pain was always there and thought it was from my new position at work sliding objects around. In my wife's car and moving stuff without any issues. I am afraid of going back in the car. Will be contacting Honda about this for sure.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
It’s not really the car, in the sense that it’s not defective – it’s just that some people may have back issues with some seats.

So going back to Honda to complain is kinda silly, what do you want them to do, redesign it? Go see a doctor, you probably have some underlying issue.

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
I bought my touring at the end of May. Shortly after I started having numbness and tingling in my arms and hands. I thought it was carpal tunnel. Went to the doc and was diagnosed with both carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve compression in both arms, which is not surprising since I've worked on a computer most of my adult life. I also had some tingling in my feet so a MRI was ordered. Nothing was found on the scan. I went through physical therapy for my arms/hands but the symptoms would return. Then I started to realize the symptoms were worse after I'd driven from KC to Tulsa and back. I do this about once a month. My car has now been in the body shop since Thanksgiving and I've had no symptoms. I didn't immediately think the car was the problem because it's very comfortable, but obviously there is some pressure somewhere on my spine. Once I get the car back I'll play around with the seat settings to see if I can find a position that'll alleviate the problem. I'm 5'3" also, same as talktohim, who's arms and legs go numb as well.

CentralNJ16CivicEX

First Name
Jugal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic & 2008 Mazda CX-9
It’s not really the car, in the sense that it’s not defective – it’s just that some people may have back issues with some seats.

So going back to Honda to complain is kinda silly, what do you want them to do, redesign it? Go see a doctor, you probably have some underlying issue.
Update...for me it is 100% the car. Every time I sit in the car, the pain starts within few days. Because of this car, my pain happened in 3 other cars I tried. It messed up my spine when I NEVER had back issues! Would keep coming back upon visiting chiropractor so I drove wife's car and when chiro tries to adjust me, don't have any pain now. I am very baffled by this but can see why. It's such a jerky, shocking ride. Would not recommend this car to anyone, even someone in their 20's. I am finally w/o pain after a year upon changing dozen pillows & lumbar supports. Also tried a make shift seat cushion with little pad in between to act as lumbar support, which covered the entire seat. If you never had back problems and started to upon getting this car, it is quite clear why. The way the car drives is what's causing the issue. Lucky for us, resale values are v. high so take my advise and sell it. Prob nvr going to by a Honda again. Rides are just too hard. Toyota much smoother. Really going to miss the Sensing features though.
Sponsored