EX-T Cloth Seats - Lower Back Pain?

ctdemonet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Most likely the case. I have never experienced back pain in any car. Even on long distance trips (500-1500 miles), I will get leg discomfort but really no issues with my back. I also know I am very lucky to not have back pain issues. I am only 30yo, so that will probably change with time.
Take care of yourself! I'm only 26 and have had knee and back surgeries. My Ortho doc and Spine surgeon both told me "you have like a mid-40 year old's body....." (T____T)
Sponsored

max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex 1.5t cvt
Country flag
It must really vary from person to person. We've taken multiple 3 hour trips in our EX, and neither my wife or I have noticed any back pain.
i agree I for 1 am the type person that don't like lumbar supported seats they make my back hurt. so i always prefer non-lumbar supported seats or atleast put in a switch were you can choose to have it on or off. i have driven a few cars that have lumbar but no option to turn it off. my 2016 civic does not hurt my back at all very comfy for me.

talk2him

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Hello! I've recently been getting some pretty serious lower back pain driving around. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in the car which I'm sure doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if anyone had any suggestions about what I can do? Maybe some kind of pillow or lumbar support add-on? Thanks in advance!
I have been in my 10th generation Civic LX drivers seat fr 3 months. I am 5'3', 124 Lbs...these seats are extremely painful, my arms and legs go numb within 5 minutes of being in the seat, the preset, non adjustable, hard, over exaggerated lumbar support?? hits hard in the sacral pelvis. The seat offers no thoracic support. The bottom seat sloop backwards is intense, bottom seat is short offering no support to my thighs. My knees are high up above my lower hip point adding to lower back pressure. Does anyone know of an after market seat that will fit into the 2016 Civic LX?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've done a few 3-hour trips and actually remarked that the seats in my EX-T were quite supportive and comfortable for long distance driving. That said, everyone is different. You could, if you're frugal, get a small towel and roll it up and place it behind you to give your lumbar a bit more support and see if that helps. I'm sure someone sells like a lumbar pillow or something but I'd rather try a home remedy (i.e. towel) before I go that route. Good luck!

BTW, just out of curiosity how does the driving experience of your Civic compare to the Lexus IS250?

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
I have been in my 10th generation Civic LX drivers seat fr 3 months. I am 5'3', 124 Lbs...these seats are extremely painful, my arms and legs go numb within 5 minutes of being in the seat, the preset, non adjustable, hard, over exaggerated lumbar support?? hits hard in the sacral pelvis. The seat offers no thoracic support. The bottom seat sloop backwards is intense, bottom seat is short offering no support to my thighs. My knees are high up above my lower hip point adding to lower back pressure. Does anyone know of an after market seat that will fit into the 2016 Civic LX?
I'm just curious why you purchased the car. If your arms and legs go numb within 5 minutes of being in the seat, you probably would have noticed it on test drive(s), right?

JamesSpear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Few
Hey, now are you okay with that pain? What's the status now? Do you go for the massage therapy at least once a week? As your work time is, you need the precautions and care for it too. If you want you can find this link for your health. Because, it's important to take care of your health for your lifestyle.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
I find the seats uncomfortable as well. Ive never needed lumbar support but now I believe I do

BRussell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Anyone have any suggestions for a little pillow or something to put down in the seat to add lower back support?

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car company can make a seat that is comfortable to everyone. Some are gonna like them, like me, and others are gonna complain about them. Welcome to the auto world.

atsirab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm not sure if the issue is how the much lower the back of the seat is than the front (since I read it should be level), or how pronounced the edges/lips around the lower/mid back and the bottom of the seat are. I'm thinking of getting wedge cushion to see if it would help to level out the bottom seat (and hopefully make the pronounced edges less of an issue). I'm not sure how I can do the same for the edges of the lower/mid back. I'm not big or small, but apparently I'm not narrow enough to sit in the seat without those edges pushing into my back, and I worry that it is making me hunch a little.

Has anyone that had back issues actually found a comfortable way to drive this car?

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
No car company can make a seat that is comfortable to everyone. Some are gonna like them, like me, and others are gonna complain about them. Welcome to the auto world.
Historically, Honda's been best at doing just that. Their seats tend to be comfortable across a wide range of body types.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Historically, Honda's been best at doing just that. Their seats tend to be comfortable across a wide range of body types.
Apparently not if you read ANY Honda car forum. Personally, I've never had an issue with their seats. :dunno:
Sponsored