Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Its pretty self explanatory, comes with instructions. I did take pictures of everything. Enough to do a "DIY" but im too lazy to post everything. If you need help along the way i will be glad to help you out. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I'm still considering this and figure it would probably be an ok install for someone who's done other handy work, just not car work. If you're bored one day though the DIY would be cool.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'm still considering this and figure it would probably be an ok install for someone who's done other handy work, just not car work. If you're bored one day though the DIY would be cool.
It would be a simple hand tool installation, can't imagine it taking more than an hour..

OP
OP
Lunar_Silvic69
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely. I will, when i get a chance. I will also post some pictures in my garage of the new rear window spoiler i bought aswell as some window visors so everyone can check them out.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Ordered. Talk about an impulse buy.....I didn't even know these existed 20 minutes ago

emp1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Has this impacted your fuel economy at all? And are you aware of any warranty implications? I am very interested in this part.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
tap tap tap tap. god I have how Direct injection sounds.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually lowered power vs. the OEM intake once the engine warms up, since it's pulling in hot air. Even the OEM intake pulls in cool air. Also this still feeds into the small OEM intake tube.

FYI
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
Turbo motors have any and all "cold air" heated by the exhaust side of the turbo, which is then cooled by the intercooler. Cold air does this motor little to no good.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Turbo motors have any and all "cold air" heated by the exhaust side of the turbo, which is then cooled by the intercooler. Cold air does this motor little to no good.
But if you start with colder air, you'll end with colder air. If you put a heater in a cold room for a few seconds, then put the same heater in a warmer room for a few seconds, do you end up with the same room temperature?
The power on my turbo 300ZX drops a lot as it heats up.

The effects of intake air temperatures on turbocharged vehicles
http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/the-effects-of-intake-air-temperatures-on-turbocharged-vehicles/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
This is true. I had the exact same intake installed last week as a short ram. I am very very happy with the sound and power. I really need some advice and suggestions on a exhaust system though.
Injen Exhaust system... it's already out.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually lowered power vs. the OEM intake once the engine warms up, since it's pulling in hot air. Even the OEM intake pulls in cool air. Also this still feeds into the small OEM intake tube.

FYI
All I can tell you is after having the injen short ram installed my car is faster, has more power, and sounds much better. As for all the arguments as to whether or not a CAI matters? I leave to people smarter than me. All I know is my car goes faster and the throttle responds much better. Take it for what it is.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
All I can tell you is after having the injen short ram installed my car is faster, has more power, and sounds much better. As for all the arguments as to whether or not a CAI matters? I leave to people smarter than me. All I know is my car goes faster and the throttle responds much better. Take it for what it is.
I hope so. Maybe you got more than 5 HP, but if it is a 5HP increase as someone suggested above (and this would be only when the engine is cold), most people would agree that you can't feel 5 HP.

Many people say their car feels faster after they wash it, change the oil, change the air filter, fill up the gas tank(!), etc. Or put on a louder muffler that's just as restrictive as the OEM one, and most people are going to say it's faster.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I hope so. Maybe you got more than 5 HP, but if it is a 5HP increase as someone suggested above (and this would be only when the engine is cold), most people would agree that you can't feel 5 HP.

Many people say their car feels faster after they wash it, change the oil, change the air filter, fill up the gas tank(!), etc. Or put on a louder muffler that's just as restrictive as the OEM one, and most people are going to say it's faster.
I agree people seem to get the "placebo" affect when it comes to cars. And I would not claim that I feel a 29hp gain or anything. But I would purchase it again. It made enough of a difference that I notice for sure.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

FYI
That seems to be a very narrow spectrum of performance (drop-ins).

I'm not suggesting huge gains. But on forced induction, depending on how Honda tuned this platform, there will almost always be gains towards the mid to upper range. Heat soak is only really an issue at idle when the intake cannot leverage the FMIC. Otherwise, we generally see less than a 1% delta in BATs between a CAI, SRI and OEM.

The real advantage to retaining the OEM box is throttle response and low end torque, based on available data to date. My 2 cents...
Sponsored