Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
While I wait for K&N to make a drop in air filter I decided to mod the existing air box below are the before and after pics.
First I opened up the internal restrictive intake tunnel then drilled a 2.5" hole into the fender side of the airbox.
I found that the fender side of the airbox is cool to the touch along with the ECU next to it even after long drives
plus this is the side where air is drawn into the air box.

It has a little more induction growl and lowed the 0-60 times consistently.
This should have been a new thread.
Sponsored

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
I'll ask again....with this intake, is the turbo spooling actually audible?

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I'll ask again....with this intake, is the turbo spooling actually audible?
Yes. I have the injen intake installed and you can hear the turbo spool, however I can't wait to add a blowoff valve to make it louder still.

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
I had a injen short ram on my 2013 dart turbo. It was my daily driver not my race car. That being said I noticed much slower throttle response and a lot less low end torque. I would never put one on my civic just cause I don't drive with the pedal to the floor everywhere and would never see the gains from the higher rpm band. Also my dart was a manual so I could really "feel" the difference.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I had a injen short ram on my 2013 dart turbo. It was my daily driver not my race car. That being said I noticed much slower throttle response and a lot less low end torque. I would never put one on my civic just cause I don't drive with the pedal to the floor everywhere and would never see the gains from the higher rpm band. Also my dart was a manual so I could really "feel" the difference.
My previous car was a 2003 Mustang Mach1 with a few mods to it. I would get on a good day 20MPG. That ended up totaled and forced me to get a new car, due to the fact I was then in a job that required a LOT more driving than when I purchased the Mustang I went for a 2014 Altima 2.5L, CVT was the only option, they killed off their manual Altimas. Comparatively, I doubled my MPG and only have to pay for 87oct instead of 93, but I love me some power.

After looking around I took off the air induction tube and put in a K&N filter, it didn't do much more than make it louder when I put my foot on the gas. I also felt the air induction was necessary as that was what fed cooler air directly into the airbox so I put it back. Later K&N released an intake that was just an Airbox change, cone filter and an optimized Airbox-to-Throttlebody tube (similar to what Moshimoto seems to be making for the Civic), and kept the air induction tube.

Now my power did not gain much if at all, but that wasn't really why I kept the intake. It was that I gained a few MPG on the highway. I would normally get about 42MPG, on my highway commute that was 2-3hrs to a client and 2-3 back, and the car was rated 38 I believe so I was happy enough with just the K&N intake filter, but when I put on the Intake box replacement and optimized tube. I reset my MPG reading and let it log all the way out on the HW and all the way back again.

I then took this photo:
Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video wNPRcsV

This was 85* out, I had the A/C on and was streaming music from my phone while averaging 70 (this part of the road was a 55MPH speed limit hence the 60MPH here). I was running 89oct instead of the rated 87 (that's another story).

That is why I still run an intake even though it doesn't give much power.

I also have a long reasoning for why 89 and 91 can give better MPG and possibly can even be worth price wise running it instead of 87 even for cars rated for 87 but that is for another time.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I wait for K&N to make a drop in air filter I decided to mod the existing air box below are the before and after pics.
First I opened up the internal restrictive intake tunnel then drilled a 2.5" hole into the fender side of the airbox.
I found that the fender side of the airbox is cool to the touch along with the ECU next to it even after long drives
plus this is the side where air is drawn into the air box.

It has a little more induction growl and lowed the 0-60 times consistently.

Stock
Airbox-0.jpg

Modded Airbox
Airbox-1.jpg
Airbox-2.jpg
@jmr Yes, this right here should've been it's own thread. Thanks for sharing this. I'm outside now trying to figure out what contraption I want to make out of my stock intake.

What was the difference in your 0-60 time before and after this modification?

Also, trying to figure out what is holding on the bottom part of the intake. I removed the two screws holding it. Trying to pull the whole housing up but something seems to be connected to it from the bottom of it (Resonator) and I can't figure out how to disconnect it.
Sponsored