wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Considering some performance/fun mods for my MY: 2018 EX HB
It seems like most mods are covering the sport versions (Sport, CTR).
Any out their for a EX HB model?

It seems the whole aftermarket exhaust coverage are slim pickings to none.
Intake, seems a bit minimal too - aside from the "K&N" cone filter replacement. However, I am considering to remove the O.E resonator to help increase the intake sound a bit more. Anyone removed theirs - if so, was it fairly difficult?
- Pics, stick link, DIY?

Just curious if any F. Bueller can help this question out? Perhaps, I need to take a day off to do all this instigation - LOL! :D
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Also, I do not really wish to do a muffler "delete" or removal. However, I will say - doing so does sounds nice and like a good option for the Sport versions. Anyone done it to their Non-Sport HB? I am now consdering jut removing the resonator and replacing the stock filter to a K&N cone. However, this is assuming the cone filter will fit in fine without having to get a short ram tube with it. Anyone tried this already?

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Not sure what your budget is, but best bang for bucks mod to do first is getting a Ktuner or Hondata, maybe even doing the TSP non-SI stage 1 package. Honestly, an aftermarket intake and exhaust is mainly for looks or sound, performance gains will for the most part be minimal. But if you want to do them, probably the PRL Cobra CAI or 27won CAI are the better options out there. PRL stage 1 air intake kit isn’t bad, no sound change but it smoothes out throttle response at lower rpm and you might pick up a couple of 10th mpg improvement.
Only aftermarket exhaust supposedly for the HB is Blox, it’s a single exit, side exhaust. IMHO it looks a little goofy being a single exit and the tail pipe sticks out quite a bit. You can get a sedan’s exhaust, but you’ll have to modify the hangers, and shorten the tail pipes, unless you like having them stick out 6” or so. Last option is to either buy a overseas exhaust system ( I bout the Prodrager Extreme center exhaust, a bit pricey, but excellent workmanship and I got the looks and sound I wanted ) or find a local exhaust shop to custom build an exhaust.

My favorite mods on my hatchback has been a Ecu flash ( hondata, with custom tune ) better tires/ wheels, Type R rear sway bar, Ultra Racing front brace, Type R shifter with Acuity bushings and springs, Type R front undercarriage brace, lightening the car by 80 pounds. These were the most cost effective mods that I could feel in real world driving.

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
[QUOTE="My favorite mods on my hatchback has been a Ecu flash ( hondata, with custom tune ) better tires/ wheels, Type R rear sway bar, Ultra Racing front brace, Type R shifter with Acuity bushings and springs, Type R front undercarriage brace, lightening the car by 80 pounds. These were the most cost effective mods that I could feel in real world driving.[/QUOTE]

What you mentioned here, just brings back memories of the suggest basics; for the most effective mods. Its the basic stuff back in the Integra days - LOL! :thumbsup:

However, it sounds like you may have a manual Civic HB. I currently has a EX HB Auto.
I did see the prodrager conversion on here. However, yes... I don't want to spend that much for what I am thinking of doing for my daily EX HB. I just like to do something, so thought... ok intake and "maybe" the exhaust. Also, it be mainly for the sound w/o any welcoming of any drone sound. If not, I will stick to the O.E exhaust and just remove the resonator + a K&N Cone filter.

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im on the fence of buying these vs stock ones.....115$ each

Honda Civic 10th gen EX HB performance mods? megan muffler

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Get a ktuner and go from there. Intake will add noise thats about it. Same for exhaust.

You need to up the boost in these cars to wake them up.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
I got my car tuned at King Motorsports. They are a well respected Honda/Acura tuning shop and have been involved with Mugen since the early days in USA. The owner of King Motorsports himself gave me his honest opinion on what to spend money on with my hatch. He said enjoy the extra power of a tune and don't bother with other bolt ons. The exception to this is if I decide to go with a bigger turbo. So, from a power standpoint, I'm fine with just spending money on a simple tune. He encouraged me to focus on handling next, along with lightweight wheels.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's tuning mods (Ktuner, Hondata), some exhaust options (do a search on here), there's intakes, suspension, etc. Yeah, mods a
I got my car tuned at King Motorsports. They are a well respected Honda/Acura tuning shop and have been involved with Mugen since the early days in USA. The owner of King Motorsports himself gave me his honest opinion on what to spend money on with my hatch. He said enjoy the extra power of a tune and don't bother with other bolt ons. The exception to this is if I decide to go with a bigger turbo. So, from a power standpoint, I'm fine with just spending money on a simple tune. He encouraged me to focus on handling next, along with lightweight wheels.
Did they use Hondata or KTuner or their own tuning?

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
There's tuning mods (Ktuner, Hondata), some exhaust options (do a search on here), there's intakes, suspension, etc. Yeah, mods a

Did they use Hondata or KTuner or their own tuning?
They use Hondata. They take the base maps and build upon them. They change throttle response and tweak the tune to take advantage of midwest 93 octane. Their "custom" base maps are still available with the $350 flash tune option I got.

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
They use Hondata. They take the base maps and build upon them. They change throttle response and tweak the tune to take advantage of midwest 93 octane. Their "custom" base maps are still available with the $350 flash tune option I got.
Would it be ok to tune a new 400 miles? I tried to look in the ktuner but it seems it's not fully functional for a 2020. (Thinking about getting a ktuner, I take and maybe muffler delete would love to have a little driving with the turbo spooling since it's my first turbo)

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Would it be ok to tune a new 400 miles? I tried to look in the ktuner but it seems it's not fully functional for a 2020. (Thinking about getting a ktuner, I take and maybe muffler delete would love to have a little driving with the turbo spooling since it's my first turbo)
I wasn’t sure about tuning because the car mileage is less than 300 km when I tuned the car.
I haven’t seen any issue so far. Unfortunately, there is no KTuner dealer in my country so I go with Hondata.

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
:doh::doh::doh:
I wasn’t sure about tuning because the car mileage is less than 300 km when I tuned the car.
I haven’t seen any issue so far. Unfortunately, there is no KTuner dealer in my country so I go with Hondata.
Thanks, and I found it just a bit funny by reading through the forum. Some said it's a must to have the ktuner pairing with intake (Mishimoto or 27won) because it can mess up the motor. And then others started that on street, Mishimoto and 27won there is no need for a tune. Lol just a bit confused

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As someone with a new 2020 EX hatchback and 650 miles on it, I'd suggest breaking it in to the recommended 600 mile mark and then seeing what the stock car is made of before putting mods into it. From my experience, you appreciate the power boosts more if you've already pushed your stock ride a bit. You also notice the power boost from the mods vs the power "boost" of just finally leaning into what the car already had.

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Awesome, after this weekend I would make it over 650 miles and ready to play with her =)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
:doh::doh::doh:
Thanks, and I found it just a bit funny by reading through the forum. Some said it's a must to have the ktuner pairing with intake (Mishimoto or 27won) because it can mess up the motor. And then others started that on street, Mishimoto and 27won there is no need for a tune. Lol just a bit confused
Not sure what you've been reading. :eek: Ktuner and Hondata are great standalone real power makers without any other mod. Cold air intakes (not named Injen) are a great add on mod. You just have to make sure the MAF curve is properly setup for your particular intake.

An intake by itself without a tune is little more than a noise maker. The consensus is the PRL Cobra is the best one available.
Sponsored

Last edited: