Stew

First Name
stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit and Honda Civic
Country flag
What is the difference between the civic EX and the Sport?

It the Sport like the EX with more features?

I was thinking of the 2.0 engine

is it worth getting the 1.5?
I heard there could be issues with this engine

I don’t do long trips or commute anymore

thank you
Sponsored

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
What is the difference between the civic EX and the Sport?

It the Sport like the EX with more features?

I was thinking of the 2.0 engine

is it worth getting the 1.5?
I heard there could be issues with this engine

I don’t do long trips or commute anymore

thank you
better fuel economy with the 1.5 Turbo. More fun to drive. And the oil dilution issue is not an issue anymore. Just as reliable as most honda engines.

Reactions: jeb

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
better fuel economy with the 1.5 Turbo. More fun to drive. And the oil dilution issue is not an issue anymore. Just as reliable as most honda engines.
Bingo. I’ve had mine for 3 years. No signs of any issues with oil dilution. Oil level is always where it should be, I do oil changes every 8000 Kms.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
the increased cost for the sport is worth it, just don't expect to see the power bump from the ex 1.5 to the sport 1.5 if you only run regular. I love my sport and am happy I didn't settle for the EX. I you don't drive for more than 20 min usually I suggest you go for a good 40+min drive once a week regardless of the engine you buy. It will clear up all the moisture in the engine and make it last much longer. I change my oil every 10k km and strickly use amsoil. The oil smells like gas when I change it but the level doesn't go up and viscosity is still there.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I’ve got 102,000 miles on my 2016 EX 2.0L doing basic maintenance (whatever the maintenance minder says, whenever it says to). I still get 40+ mpg on Highway and 36 mpg city. No noises, no leaks, nothing. Great engine.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Just curious here, here in the US the sport is a lower package option, with the EX being the next step up. So in Canada those packages are reversed?

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Just curious here, here in the US the sport is a lower package option, with the EX being the next step up. So in Canada those packages are reversed?
I believe OP is looking at Sedans, not HBs. In Canada at least, for sedans the Sport is slightly more expensive than EX.

For HBs it is LX/Sport/Sport Touring

Carreraa

First Name
Carrera
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I would def recommend you getting a 2020 Hatch Sport ! If you’re in the US , then it has almost every tech feature as the EX besides a sunroof and heated seats . And the car is more fun with the turbo & aftermarket options too

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I would def recommend you getting a 2020 Hatch Sport ! If you’re in the US , then it has almost every tech feature as the EX besides a sunroof and heated seats . And the car is more fun with the turbo & aftermarket options too
Hatch is just better overall if you're not getting the Si imo.

boggels

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI with 4 porte
Country flag
Hi, if you plan on modding and playing with your car I would suggest the 1.5T. If you dont care for that life the 2.0 is for you and it would probably simpler on maintenance in the long run.
I do alot of short trips with my si however I always make sure to rip it on the highway atleast once a week. Change my oil every 5-6000kms, my choice. My friend owns a 2.0 basic and loves it, strict a to b car.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In Canada the sport sedan and sport coupe are 2.0L NA but they are loaded...they have all the options found on the touring versions including heated seats and mirrors, sunroof, fog lights etc. but they removed all the chrome accents, put in all black interior with red gauges, sports pedals shifter and wheel, Si wheels and tires, Si exhaust (only 1 instead of dual though) and i think that's about it...you can get it manual or CVT with paddle shifters. It has all the sensing features as well...remote start for the CVT, tinted windows, etc.

It's basically the best of all worlds...it's cheaper than a touring because it doesn't come with the flimsy 1.5T engine, it is better equipped than even the Si, and it has the aesthetics features to make the car look good...Suspension, brakes and steering rack also tuned differently for the sport models.

Honda Canada really did good with these sport trims here...and honestly for the price it's really worth it, i believe it's less than 3000$CAD more over the base LX but you get a lot nicer car.

Si is the best value if you can afford it, if you can't i believe at least in canada the next best thing is the Sport. (value wise)

Last edited:

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Si is the best value if you can afford it, if you can't i believe at least in canada the next best thing is the Sport. (value wise)
Wow, that must be nice. Here we had the 4 options, and if you want some sport, and some luxury, you have to go sport touring, otherwise you are getting a little of either with the next levels down, or nothing at all in the base.
Sponsored