rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm looking at my Ktuner logs and trying to make sense of these values without much luck. Have a sport touring hatch cvt. I thought the waste gate would close to develop pressure for the turbo and open to drop pressure but the values can vary a lot with the turbo staying around zero. In my logs the EWG.Position will vary from 0.000 to a little above 8.000, EWG.Target varies from -3.500 to 8.000 (why would the target go below zero if the position won't go below zero?), and the duty seems to range from -100 to 100. Have to say "seems to" since these values don't get exported when exporting the logs to a csv file. I couldn't find anything in the Ktuner manual other than the abbreviations section and a statement that these aren't available on all platforms. Am I looking at noise for sensors my car doesn't have?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The effective range is zero to eight. It's a closed loop system, which will vary as necessary in order to reach and maintain target.

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
The effective range is zero to eight. It's a closed loop system, which will vary as necessary in order to reach and maintain target.
Say the control arm on the EWG was slightly thrown off my a mm or two, can you use an option within KTuner to mitigate that so the ECU doesn't throw a P003A code?