EVS carbon quality? Say vs Seibon, Varis

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
How's the quality of Evasive Motorsports (EVS) carbon fiber pieces (front lip, rear spoiler)? Say compared to Seibon or Varis

The EVS front lip is priced at ~ $1100 while the Seibon TA-style lip is like $850
Sponsored

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
From my experience buying evs items for my s2000 I would say it’s higher quality then seibon

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
i have the evs spoiler and fitment is MEH... ordered a EVS lip and needless to say i have no idea how they thought it was okay to pass the lip from QC.. hazy cf, scratches in various parts, thin cf in areas, damaged bolt hole and thin cf in the area where it cracked enough that a bolt wouldn't even save it. This was after months and months of waiting for the lip as well.

Customer service after that was mediocre. Was told they would give me a big discount on an item because of this... the discount was 3% off LOL... never again man. returned the lip and haven't bought from Evasive ever since... their customer service alone was enough for me to gag.

OP
OP
ToofHurts

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
i have the evs spoiler and fitment is MEH... ordered a EVS lip and needless to say i have no idea how they thought it was okay to pass the lip from QC.. hazy cf, scratches in various parts, thin cf in areas, damaged bolt hole and thin cf in the area where it cracked enough that a bolt wouldn't even save it. This was after months and months of waiting for the lip as well.

Customer service after that was mediocre. Was told they would give me a big discount on an item because of this... the discount was 3% off LOL... never again man. returned the lip and haven't bought from Evasive ever since... their customer service alone was enough for me to gag.
Thanks for your feedback.

Milktealord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk8 Type R
Country flag

Ha! So I thought, been reading alot of feedback(IG post, videos, forums here) about their EVS splitter/lip combo and the biggest issue is their fitment, especially with their bolt behind the lip. I called them bringing this issue up before I order (not going to throw names) the person said well they had several complaint about the fitment and they bring it back to us and there was no problem, just they did not know how to install it and they would have to charge for that installation. I am not trying bad mouth them, they have always built some of the best time attack cars, carry the best brands, and sort of the pinnacle of the JDM tuner world. But when they start charging almost 2000, I kind of expect more from them.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ha! So I thought, been reading alot of feedback(IG post, videos, forums here) about their EVS splitter/lip combo and the biggest issue is their fitment, especially with their bolt behind the lip. I called them bringing this issue up before I order (not going to throw names) the person said well they had several complaint about the fitment and they bring it back to us and there was no problem, just they did not know how to install it and they would have to charge for that installation. I am not trying bad mouth them, they have always built some of the best time attack cars, carry the best brands, and sort of the pinnacle of the JDM tuner world. But when they start charging almost 2000, I kind of expect more from them.
I should’ve mentioned this detail that the box it came in was perfect. No damage at all which led me to believe that once opened it was gonna be in great condition.....NOPE my lip came damaged and no way in hell this lip should’ve passed QC. I mean the cf was so damaged that the bolt hole was basically gone. The CF was so thin in that area.

don’t even get me started on their customer service LOL that was a joke. Deep discount my ass lol.. My friend had to deal with their pathetic customer service when he got his APR wing damaged that was shipped by them and basically told him to kick rocks..... I would rather deal with a better company like Art of Attack than with Evasive....

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have both evs rear spoiler and their lip/splitter and they both fit fine.
:dunno::dunno:
I was waiting for someone to post this. Of course I am sure that some of their batches fit fine, but the reason they went and made a v2 was because people complained about the fitment. I mean I have record of them saying that in an email from them when I asked way back when about the stock of their lip.

My main point is their QC... but i'm glad your lip fits and that you ended up not dealing with what I had to deal with. I think it's fair that other potential customers know about this stuff when they make a decision on and where to spend their hard earned cash.
Sponsored